Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member and new puppy! Soft poop?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

One more!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1354387881-511652-jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New member and new puppy! Soft poop?

He is so cute! On the food i would give him a couple more days then if still runny try something without chicken a lot of bullies cant handle chicken then after that if still runny go to grain free. I hope it settles down soon!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    He is so cute! On the food i would give him a couple more days then if still runny try something without chicken a lot of bullies cant handle chicken then after that if still runny go to grain free. I hope it settles down soon!
    Thanks, If I change the food again do I have to do it slowly even Though I'll be using the same brand?

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

i would look at the ingredients and see if they are all the same but the meat source if they are the same then you might be ok to switch right away like with the fromm brand you can switch between flavors. If you are switching to grain free make sure it is a slow change again.

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Grain free is best. It eliminates the possibility of allergy to the grains. You've got a nice thick little guy there. Be patient. Sometimes it takes awhile to work the new puppy runs out. It is not unusual for a new pup to have digestive tract problems. The stress of all the changes in his life is enough to bring them on.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

One more question? His almost 11 weeks old and weight close to 10 pounds. How much should I feed him and how many times?

thanks

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tocullo View Post
    One more question? His almost 11 weeks old and weight close to 10 pounds. How much should I feed him and how many times?

thanks
    Your puppy is very cute, at 12 weeks old you are due for another round of vaccines. Yes? make sure your vet weighs your puppy, he looks good in the early pictures. At 11 weeks old you should still be feeding your pup 3 times a day if possible. 1/2 cup at each feeding. If you can only feed him 2 times a day about 3/4 cup at each feeding, should help, if you are overfeeding, he could still be pooping soft, you said it starts out hard and ends up soft. that's not too terrible bad. some of mine do that if they are eating too much. sometimes they will steal out of another's bowl. When a dog is allergic to food, it usually shows up in the skin, red, pink, itchy, scratching, licking feet, yeasty in rope or ears. Please let us know how Rambo is doing. Are you cleaning in the tail area real good and under the nose rope? don't forget to check those ears too. I haven't seen his tail if there is a pocket or not, if there is, get in there real good and keep it dry every couple of days. Be gentle
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Rose
    Likes (Received)

We went through a few months of soft stools when we got our puppy in March. We tried 3 different foods (royal and blue chicken then lamb) before finding that holistic salmon and potato worked best for her. Now she is doing awesome! Adult food turned out to be best for her too, the puppy versions were just too rich for her. Don't give up, you will find the right food! Just remember to change foods slowly each time you change.

Good luck and enjoy your new bully!

Cheryl

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Boy..he is an awesome guy! You are asking all the right questions. The only way we figured out Jake had an issue with Chicken is because his poo was never quite right. And like Sherry said, we saw too much pink in his skin. We went through a few food changes and even found out he was very allergic to salmon. I would give the new food at least 4 to 6 weeks. Unless of course he has obvious signs of problems. Their little systems go through lots of changes and it might be hard to distinguish what his problem is. Having his shots might give him soft poo too.

Jake was never on puppy food..straight on a Good All Stages Food at 10 weeks. He got 1/2 cup three times a day until he was six months old. Then we cut out the noon feeding and slowly increased his am and pm feedings to 1 cup each time.

@czimm gave you great advice. Be patient and go slow. You have yourself a wonderful pup.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

You've gotten lots of advice already. Just want to say I love Rambo's tail and spots on his nose rope.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Lucy-licious

He is such a cute little button

poop problems and new puppies seems to go hand in hand. You have lots of really great advice so I won't jump in....keep us updated please xx

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to all again, will keep you posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads