General Question Heartworm & Flea-tick medication

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
I have never given this medicine to previous dogs bu Stoagie is already sensitive as it is so I don't want to take any risks. I want to give him this medication if its needed. So I had a few questions for you guys, as always...

Do all dogs need both of these medications, more specifically our bullies?
If so which one do you think is best considering how finicky they are with everything I don't want him having a bad reaction to a certain brand.
When is a good age to give him these medications? Or is any age a good one?

Just some info.
Stoagie will be 6 months on the 4th of December, and we live in Nor Cal..just in case that matters as far as where bugs usually are in the states.
AND we live in an apartment, hes barely outside.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yes, I give my pack Heart worm and flea prevention doses, March through November. I don't want to deal with the chance of getting either of these.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman has always been on Revolution for both heartworms and fleas. You put it on their skin instead of a pill. I get most of it on his fur, but it still seems to work :)

You can also treat him with dichotomous earth if you want something natural. I'm not sure if it helps against heart worms, but it will help with fleas and other intestinal parasites.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Mine are on Sentinel year round and it's both a heartworm and flea intestinal parasite protector. I can't use topical on Remy because he breaks out in hives

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We give ours Sentinel year round also. I do not give the topical as it gave a couple bullies we know a bad reaction.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We give ours Sentinel year round also. I do not give the topical as it gave a couple bullies we know a bad reaction.

We do the same.... try to avoid the topical

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online