URGENT!!! Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy to read he is doing better and the pumpkin helped!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm glad to hear his poop is getting back to normal. That pumpkin stuff is a miracle-cure!!! Make sure you always have some on hand!!

I would say the jello :poo: was probably the meds, but I would let his tummy get back to normal for a week before starting another food change. What were you changing from ... and which was the new food??

OP
bulliemama

bulliemama

Oct 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin 8/20/12, Winston 10/23/03-7/5/12
I wish I could KEEP vaseline on these dogs' noses. They're both as crunchy as a kibble and putting something on them just makes them go decorate my bed skirt with Greasy Nose Wipes. I'm going to get some of that Aquaphor stuff everyone here uses and see if that helps......

Welcome!

I know that problem, Vicaroo! My first bullie would act as if I were trying to kill him when I tried to put vaseline on his nose but the poor thing was so cracked it looked painful. That's why I'm trying to start Franklin young. Unfortunately, he thinks its food because what isn't food to a bullie pup? And he licks it all off. :crazy: I have some aquaphor, I'll try that at bedtime. Maybe he won't lick it then.

OP
bulliemama

bulliemama

Oct 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm glad to hear his poop is getting back to normal. That pumpkin stuff is a miracle-cure!!! Make sure you always have some on hand!!

I would say the jello :poo: was probably the meds, but I would let his tummy get back to normal for a week before starting another food change. What were you changing from ... and which was the new food??

Kazzy, we were on California Natural but I suspect he may have an allergy to chicken because hes been licking his paws, suddenly has tear stains and developed an yeast infection in his ears. I was gradually switching to Natural Balance (20% NB/80% CN) for a few meals and his farts were just awful. The vet said thats no good either so I immediately switched back to the CN. His first poop after the full CN meal was fine so I'm hoping it was just the meds. I ordered Fromm for him yesterday so that will be here by Monday and we will slowly start again and see what happens. By the way, I put the pumpkin in a container in the fridge, any idea how long that will keep for? Just wondering how many more cans I should buy when I go food shopping. ;)

Thank you all for your help! This forum has been a wonderful help!!! Wish I knew half of the things I learned here with my baby Winston, may he rest in peace.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
In a plastic container it should keep for up to a week. If it gets watery, pitch it

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
When I read your post about jelly poop it made me wonder about chicken allergy as a possible contributor to the mucous. Tallulah got mucous coated stool every time I fed her chicken which I used to use as positive training treats. I switched to little bits of cooked salmon and she was fine. I was also told by the breeder to never feed her anything with corn wheat or soy ever. My vet said a loose mucousy poop is not cause for immediate alarm if they as eating and playing and drinking water. Also when she got her shots she had it too. A bit of a stressor on the system of young puppies. Not unusual. But apparently a lot of dogs are allergic to chicken .So now it's organic lamb kibble and salmon bits with a bit of probiotic yogurt added in for breakfast for Miss T. She has consistently kickable poops now -apparently the gold standard for poop. Good luck.

OP
bulliemama

bulliemama

Oct 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
When I read your post about jelly poop it made me wonder about chicken allergy as a possible contributor to the mucous. Tallulah got mucous coated stool every time I fed her chicken which I used to use as positive training treats. I switched to little bits of cooked salmon and she was fine. I was also told by the breeder to never feed her anything with corn wheat or soy ever. My vet said a loose mucousy poop is not cause for immediate alarm if they as eating and playing and drinking water. Also when she got her shots she had it too. A bit of a stressor on the system of young puppies. Not unusual. But apparently a lot of dogs are allergic to chicken .So now it's organic lamb kibble and salmon bits with a bit of probiotic yogurt added in for breakfast for Miss T. She has consistently kickable poops now -apparently the gold standard for poop. Good luck.

LOL! Good job Miss T! :clap2:

I don't think it was the chicken since his poops are back to normal now. My hubby was away for a week and didn't realize I was switching foods and gave him a whole bowl of the wrong kibble for lunch yesterday. :cursing:

Luckily, he didn't get the runs again so I'm assuming it had to be the shots. The Fromm Beef Frittata will be arriving on Monday and we will slowly switch him over. Hopefully this will take care of the itchy paws and tear stains. The meds seem to be doing their job for the ears since he's stopped scratching those. Only time will tell now.

Thanks everyone!! :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
By the way, I put the pumpkin in a container in the fridge, any idea how long that will keep for? Just wondering how many more cans I should buy when I go food shopping. ;)

When I have some left over I just freeze it in icecube trays and use it as treats. Although with eight dogs I rarely have any left over!!! :bigeyes:

OP
bulliemama

bulliemama

Oct 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
We do the same thing with yogurt works great for treats, glad to hear you bully is feeling better
Haven't tried yogurt yet. Are there health benefits to this or is it for something else? I'm so confused. Never knew any of this stuff with Winston. Wish I had. :(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Haven't tried yogurt yet. Are there health benefits to this or is it for something else? I'm so confused. Never knew any of this stuff with Winston. Wish I had. :(

Yes Yogurt is good for them ... natural though not the flavoured stuff that is full of sugar. You can also use cottage cheese as a topping to their food too. All of mine love that stuff!!!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon

It's a probiotic, same for humans the enzymes in the yogurt help digestion. Don't worry we didn't know any of this stuff before coming to EBN either that is what everyone is here for :christmas18:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.