Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 29

Thread: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

  1. #13
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    Vaseline on his nose is fine, what ever cause's mucus in the poop had nothing to do with the Vaseline on his nose. Unless of course you been feeding it to him right out of the jar?

    Probably a combination of the food change and vaccines. I always give my dogs pumpkin during the food change. It always works
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  2. #14
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    I wish I could KEEP vaseline on these dogs' noses. They're both as crunchy as a kibble and putting something on them just makes them go decorate my bed skirt with Greasy Nose Wipes. I'm going to get some of that Aquaphor stuff everyone here uses and see if that helps......

    Welcome!

  3. #15
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    Herman had a looooong jelly poop the other day. It happened right after he ate a DVD cover. I found most of the plastic pieces - he is good at spitting out stuff like that. But I think he swallowed a few tiny pieces. Next day - jelly butt. So I started with pumpkin in every meal and that helped.

    Just keep in mind that when that mucus happens, its a good thing because it alerts you that something is probably irritating his intestines or whatnots, so just make sure he didnt eat anything he shouldnt have (including food).

  4. #16
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11481

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    Happy to read he is doing better and the pumpkin helped!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  5. #17
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    I'm glad to hear his poop is getting back to normal. That pumpkin stuff is a miracle-cure!!! Make sure you always have some on hand!!

    I would say the jello was probably the meds, but I would let his tummy get back to normal for a week before starting another food change. What were you changing from ... and which was the new food??

  6. #18
    Potty Trainer bulliemama's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin 8/20/12, Winston 10/23/03-7/5/12
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    I wish I could KEEP vaseline on these dogs' noses. They're both as crunchy as a kibble and putting something on them just makes them go decorate my bed skirt with Greasy Nose Wipes. I'm going to get some of that Aquaphor stuff everyone here uses and see if that helps......

    Welcome!
    I know that problem, Vicaroo! My first bullie would act as if I were trying to kill him when I tried to put vaseline on his nose but the poor thing was so cracked it looked painful. That's why I'm trying to start Franklin young. Unfortunately, he thinks its food because what isn't food to a bullie pup? And he licks it all off. I have some aquaphor, I'll try that at bedtime. Maybe he won't lick it then.

  7. #19
    Potty Trainer bulliemama's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin 8/20/12, Winston 10/23/03-7/5/12
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I'm glad to hear his poop is getting back to normal. That pumpkin stuff is a miracle-cure!!! Make sure you always have some on hand!!

    I would say the jello was probably the meds, but I would let his tummy get back to normal for a week before starting another food change. What were you changing from ... and which was the new food??
    Kazzy, we were on California Natural but I suspect he may have an allergy to chicken because hes been licking his paws, suddenly has tear stains and developed an yeast infection in his ears. I was gradually switching to Natural Balance (20% NB/80% CN) for a few meals and his farts were just awful. The vet said thats no good either so I immediately switched back to the CN. His first poop after the full CN meal was fine so I'm hoping it was just the meds. I ordered Fromm for him yesterday so that will be here by Monday and we will slowly start again and see what happens. By the way, I put the pumpkin in a container in the fridge, any idea how long that will keep for? Just wondering how many more cans I should buy when I go food shopping.

    Thank you all for your help! This forum has been a wonderful help!!! Wish I knew half of the things I learned here with my baby Winston, may he rest in peace.

  8. #20
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    In a plastic container it should keep for up to a week. If it gets watery, pitch it
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  9. #21
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Tooleysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    625
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    When I read your post about jelly poop it made me wonder about chicken allergy as a possible contributor to the mucous. Tallulah got mucous coated stool every time I fed her chicken which I used to use as positive training treats. I switched to little bits of cooked salmon and she was fine. I was also told by the breeder to never feed her anything with corn wheat or soy ever. My vet said a loose mucousy poop is not cause for immediate alarm if they as eating and playing and drinking water. Also when she got her shots she had it too. A bit of a stressor on the system of young puppies. Not unusual. But apparently a lot of dogs are allergic to chicken .So now it's organic lamb kibble and salmon bits with a bit of probiotic yogurt added in for breakfast for Miss T. She has consistently kickable poops now -apparently the gold standard for poop. Good luck.

  10. #22
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    Quote Originally Posted by tooleysmom View Post
    she has consistently kickable poops now -apparently the gold standard for poop. Good luck.
    roflmaooooooooooooooooooo!

    Love this.

  11. #23
    Potty Trainer bulliemama's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin 8/20/12, Winston 10/23/03-7/5/12
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tooleysmom View Post
    When I read your post about jelly poop it made me wonder about chicken allergy as a possible contributor to the mucous. Tallulah got mucous coated stool every time I fed her chicken which I used to use as positive training treats. I switched to little bits of cooked salmon and she was fine. I was also told by the breeder to never feed her anything with corn wheat or soy ever. My vet said a loose mucousy poop is not cause for immediate alarm if they as eating and playing and drinking water. Also when she got her shots she had it too. A bit of a stressor on the system of young puppies. Not unusual. But apparently a lot of dogs are allergic to chicken .So now it's organic lamb kibble and salmon bits with a bit of probiotic yogurt added in for breakfast for Miss T. She has consistently kickable poops now -apparently the gold standard for poop. Good luck.
    LOL! Good job Miss T!

    I don't think it was the chicken since his poops are back to normal now. My hubby was away for a week and didn't realize I was switching foods and gave him a whole bowl of the wrong kibble for lunch yesterday.

    Luckily, he didn't get the runs again so I'm assuming it had to be the shots. The Fromm Beef Frittata will be arriving on Monday and we will slowly switch him over. Hopefully this will take care of the itchy paws and tear stains. The meds seem to be doing their job for the ears since he's stopped scratching those. Only time will tell now.

    Thanks everyone!!

  12. #24
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Jelly like diarrhea. Help please!

    Quote Originally Posted by bulliemama View Post
    By the way, I put the pumpkin in a container in the fridge, any idea how long that will keep for? Just wondering how many more cans I should buy when I go food shopping.

    When I have some left over I just freeze it in icecube trays and use it as treats. Although with eight dogs I rarely have any left over!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •