Help Needed! Help and advice redness

frank2011

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
frank
Hi im sorry for this to be my first post but im lost for ideas as my vets are no use at all

I have a one year old bully (FRANK) hes always had redness in his skin but in the last 4-5 months its got much worse ive had him to the vets more than 10 times this year and they are no help ....... the redness is under his chin and on his body and paws but recently his paws and side of his head are so dry that they sometimes bleed and more recently he's produced bald patches on his rear legs and back that have been tested for mites but came back negative

the vets have gave me medicated shampoo and steriods to try and take the redness out his skin but nothing works yet thats there answer everytime i visit .I have also changed his food at least 5 times through advice from the vets but nothing helps so far

I welcome all comments and help and advice i only want my dog to get better and have placed all my trust in the vets but they will not help my boy !!!

i will post up pics if that will help

Last edited:

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I am sure more experienced members will help you but what kind of food do you give Frank? Do you know if he has any allergies?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi Frank2011! Yes pictures will certainly help. With what your vet is prescribing it sounds like bad allergies but let us see, it will help a lot and we will go from there. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
could be allergies but if the steriods and such are not working maybe not. have they done a thyroid test or any bloodwork at all. might be time for a new vet. yes pics would help for sure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=7127]frank2011[/MENTION] yes, pictures please

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My Blossom also had pink skin, ears, chin, and eyes, and her eyes teared a lot. We changed her food 4 times, before we found one that worked. She's is on Fromms Beef Fritata, and she is much better. We aren't sure exactly what she is allergic / sensitive too, but suspect chicken, all the foods with a chicken base, give her the pink colour and soupy poops. Also corn, and grains. Her eyes are still a little teary, and get irritated, but I think it's more due to the cherry eye surgery. It's only been 2 weeks. We are still putting drops and cream in her eyes. Sometimes when she was really pink, we gave her a Bendryl, , one pill 25 mg for every 30 lbs. have you tried giving Frank some Benadryl? , to see if he gets some relief. What type of shampoo do you use? Or even laundry soap, can cause allergy symptoms in a sensitive bully. Try unscented products, like you would a baby. Good luck, I hope he gets some relief.

OP
F

frank2011

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
frank
IMG_1221.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor baby! That most definedly can be food related and I suggest trying raw or home cooked food for him.

OP
F

frank2011

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
frank
izzy ive changed my his food from science plan ,james welbeloved,royal c x2 ive tried some others tho my mind is blank ......im thinking maybe a raw diet can any1 give me some advice on what exactly to feed him for a raw diet ........ thanks viking that also is a shout as it worked for you can you pick this food up from pet stores or do you have to order it ???

i appreciate all your help and comments thanks every1 who has took the time to read my post and help my boy

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Have you tried Fromms Beef Fritata? There are no brains, and it's beef not chicken, which are the foods that cause Blossom to be pink. It took about a month before we saw the difference, as it takes this long for the other foods to leave their body. She no longer is pink on her chin, no rash, and no pinkness in her ears, they always looked pink and angry inside. She looked a lot like your Frank does in the picture.

OP
F

frank2011

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
frank
:D just an update had frank at the vets at the start of the week and the vet was one of the best ive seen bye far she put him on a lower dose of steriods ,allergy tablets and ive changed his diet to wofcol which is working a treat his redness have died to pink so far and his coat has started to grow back :D and his paws are getting back to normal :D

thanks to every 1 for advice i will post a picture of him when hes back to full strength !!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:D just an update had frank at the vets at the start of the week and the vet was one of the best ive seen bye far she put him on a lower dose of steriods ,allergy tablets and ive changed his diet to wofcol which is working a treat his redness have died to pink so far and his coat has started to grow back :D and his paws are getting back to normal :D

thanks to every 1 for advice i will post a picture of him when hes back to full strength !!

Great News :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.