General Question Eye Question?

HaileyBleu

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hailey Bleu
I am new to the Bulldog ownership world and I am slowly learning as I go. My puppy is 11 weeks old and so far seems to be very normal compared to many of the dogs described on this board. My question is regarding my dog's left eye. The right eye seems perfectly normal and looks straight forward. The left eye seems to show a little bit more white around the edges and rolls back into her head whenever she is falling to sleep. Now this wouldn't make me wonder , except for the fact that the right eye does not do this at all. There is a point where she is almost asleep where her eye is literaly all white on the left side and the right eye is still facing straight forward. I called my vet and they were not sure about this and said to keep an eye on it.

Is this normal? Is is something that I should be worried about?

Thank you

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: Welcome to the site! Glad you joined us! Brutus at times when he is chewing on his kong or a bone his left eye moves up and down...Have you seen a human with a lazy eye thats sorta what Brutus has! Vet ssayss nothing to worry about at all! I dont have much advice for you....I will tag some others who can shed some light for you! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!

My boy had something like this but only when he was very tired and was trying to stay awake.... it may be a lazy eye. Next time you are actually at the vet for a visit make sure they inspected it just to make sure it is nothig more

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:smileywelcome::welcome3: Bacon did the same thing when he was a puppy now he only does it if he's really really going to town on his antler.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I haven't run across this before but it does sound like a lazy eye.

OP
H

HaileyBleu

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hailey Bleu
Yeah, I do not think it is anything to worry about, I have just read a lot on some of their eye problems and I thought I would ask.

Thank you for all the help

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yeah, I do not think it is anything to worry about, I have just read a lot on some of their eye problems and I thought I would ask.

Thank you for all the help

I think it's very common and nothing to worry about, like the vet said, keep an eye on it

I've had many dogs in my life that did this at times and it was never a concern. Perhaps the muscle in the eye is either tighter than the other one or maybe the other way around. I have a bully right now that rolls her eyes when she's chewing on an antler, to me that means she's really enjoying it to the fullest. :whut?:

Most Reactions