Help Needed! Allergic to leaves????

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hello all,

Have an issue with Ellie. She's been on fromm puppy(pink bag) for about three months now and is doing great I also add two pumps of wild alaskan oil to her dinner only. Recently I noticed she's been pinkish around the face and under the chin she's constantly pawning her face yesterday her left eye started swelling so i tried giving her beandryl pills and was a total whomp whomp she would not swallow it!! so i cut the pills and put the powder on a small peice of ham(cold cut) the face she did when she tasted that was halarious too bad i dont have a pic anyways she spit it out and refused to eat so I went to the pharmacy and get her childrens benadryl! feel like a real dad( i have no kids yet) so now I pour the cherry flavored benadryl onto her food in the am and in the pm so far is gotten alot better I also put some eye drops for her red eyes and they've cleared alot so Im thinking is maybe the leaves from the trees thats getting her like that? She goes out to the back yard to sun bathe all the time and just hang out and it never happend just recently when all the leaves started falling. Could that be the issue she's allergic to leaves? I heard @cowsmom say her sarah is allergic to wet leaves but I dont know if dry leaves do the same. Has anyone had this experience?:confused:

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
She could be allergic to the leaves or the dust and mold that always ends up mixed in with them. As for giving her tablets, try sticking the pills in a wad of peanut butter or string cheese. That always works with my 4.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I agree with linwhite, Bacon's allergies have been worse since the leaves started falling as well. I think it's just the mold, we give him two benedryl at night after he gets his dinner. We fold the pills inside a piece of american cheese, I honestly think we could wrap american cheese around anything and he would eat it. He will come running upstairs from downstairs at the sound of the package being touched. (crinkle crinkle)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Thanks for the info and tips ill def try the American cheese cause is what I have on hand :2thumbs:

Yup thats what I use for Brutus when he needs bendaryl. You could also wiper her down after she is done outside it may help a little :)

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
I agree with linwhite, Bacon's allergies have been worse since the leaves started falling as well. I think it's just the mold, we give him two benedryl at night after he gets his dinner. We fold the pills inside a piece of american cheese, I honestly think we could wrap american cheese around anything and he would eat it. He will come running upstairs from downstairs at the sound of the package being touched. (crinkle crinkle)

All three of mine do the same thing! Only one of them gets medicine in the cheese..... but one can't have it with out the other. Heaven for bid if we are getting cheese slices out for ourselves and not them! :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon

All three of mine do the same thing! Only one of them gets medicine in the cheese..... but one can't have it with out the other. Heaven for bid if we are getting cheese slices out for ourselves and not them! :)

haha yea Bacon doesn't seem to understand what Daddy's cheese means. I guess I don't either being that he gets half of it anyway, I'm a sucker for that wrinkly face.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope your baby gets better soon.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Let's hope it was allergies!! I've noticed that with it still being warm-ish here, that when they do go out they are shoving their faces into leaf piles, and bushes and bits of grass all the time. :down:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have to keep the leaves away from the house or sarah will pp on them and stick her nose in them and she gets a rash and a red face some hives that kinda thing. she does it some when the leaves are dry but mostly after a rain and they sit there a bit. i just rake them away from the house to the street and she seems much better then. i hope your guy gets better. i put sarahs pills in her canned food but we used to use cheese n peanut butter to.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My secret to pills... I use peanut butter to stick them to a piece of dog biscuit. The crunch of the biscuit (when he chews) hides texture of the pills and I never have to wonder if he did eat it or spit it out.

FYI - I just started giving Tank Benadryl regularly too. Sam's Club has the generic version for $4.00 for a bottle of 400.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Any type of pill... I use vanilla ice cream -- it has never be turned away and the pill always goes right down :D

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I recently got some Zyrtec for Bo - but had to consult my Gastronomical Goddess and Allergy Consultant before dispensing. Benedryl does the job -- but I'm hoping the Zyrtec will work better without all the sleepy side effects. *frownie face*

Thanks [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]. I love you, you know. Just sayin'.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.