Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I noticed this morning while giving Maximus his daily cleaning, that his scrotum has/is turning black. It wasn't black before. I'm a little concerned and want to speak to the Vet, but wanted to know if anyone else has ever seen this in their Bulldog.

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Is it like the skin is just getting a black pigment to it? Or is it like necrotic and rotting? My Linus has a spot that is comming over his scrotum as well, but it is just skin pigment. He is mostly white, but has been developing black spots all over his skin as he ages (12weeks now). More come out each week! When he first started getting them it started on a toe on his back foot. Because he was so young I thought it was poop! Lol!! I scrubbed and scrubbed.... And then realized it was just a spot... Lol!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Is it like the skin is just getting a black pigment to it? Or is it like necrotic and rotting? My Linus has a spot that is comming over his scrotum as well, but it is just skin pigment. He is mostly white, but has been developing black spots all over his skin as he ages (12weeks now). More come out each week! When he first started getting them it started on a toe on his back foot. Because he was so young I thought it was poop! Lol!! I scrubbed and scrubbed.... And then realized it was just a spot... Lol!

OMG! Linus is TOO adorable with that black ear and sweet white face.
Is his other ear black as well? Wowie...those paws are huge!!!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon's turned black after getting neutered, it also retracted almost entirely. Maybe if you post a pic someone can help more.

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
OMG! Linus is TOO adorable with that black ear and sweet white face.
Is his other ear black as well? Wowie...those paws are huge!!!

Dont let that sweet face fool ya...... LOL!! NOPE HIS OTHER EAR IS WHITE...... This is him at 10 weeks.......so handsome! Here you can see the spots on his white ear comming out. DSC_0034.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 296

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Dont let that sweet face fool ya...... LOL!! NOPE HIS OTHER EAR IS WHITE...... This is him at 10 weeks.......so handsome! Here you can see the spots on his white ear comming out.View attachment 31039

I am TOTALLY in love :loveeyes:

Brutus, red & white, has one solid ear and one freckled ear (it gets all the kisses).

My son is finally taking pics and putting them up in my avatar, T'giving...Yea!!!

Thanks for sending more pics, he is really stunning in every way :)

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
Take to the vets, they will give him some cream and antibiotics to take, it shouldnt be a big problem. Keep us update

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
It happened to major before and yesterday his balls turn blood red and they did the samething...

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
I am TOTALLY in love :loveeyes:

Brutus, red & white, has one solid ear and one freckled ear (it gets all the kisses).

My son is finally taking pics and putting them up in my avatar, T'giving...Yea!!!

Thanks for sending more pics, he is really stunning in every way :)

Thank you for the kind words! Can't wait to see pictures of your handsome bully!

Members online

No members online now.