Help Needed! Limping on front leg

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Duchess is limping in her front leg. It was weird we were on a walk the other night and all the sudden she went front walking normal to limping. She wasn't playing or running or pulling, she was just plain walking. I trimmed her nails and no improvement. I was looking at her front paws and they seem to be dry and cracked in layers. It's hard to describe ill post a pic tomorrow. I use mushers paw wax currently to try to keep them moisturized. Could the paws be the cause of her limp? I don't see any swelling on her paws of legs and I can't get a reaction from touching her legs or paws. Any suggestions? Her vet is out of town until next week .

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
If im right, he might just pulled a muscle or sprained it. You should crate her for 5-7 days, only let her out to use the restroom n eat. This happened to Major couple time already...but you should take her to the vets if u have a chance. Hope she feel better.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Like above reply, might be a pulled muscle. That happens sometimes to my guys and then goes away after a day or two. Just monitor her and if the limp persists, take her to the vet .

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I agree..no walks or much of anything. And no jumping for sure..even down fom the sofa! I would also focus on the cracked paws.. The Mushers wax is good..maybe try Aquafor ..I think if he stays as quiet as possible his limp should be better. If you notice him acting like he is in pain..I would take him to the vet.

titanowners

Nov 10, 2012
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Titan
as everyone said it is probably a pulled muscle. titan had the same thing one day because he plays so rough and i had checked to make sure nothing was stuck in his paws and he had nothing...and no other apparent causes so we kept him inside for a day and his paw/leg was fine. never have had a problem since...so i think after keeping Duchess in for a day or two try walking and if she's in pain i'd definitely take her to the vet. we pray it's nothing big for your Duchess. :D

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe has had this a couple times... our vet suggested giving him Glucosimine. I'm not sure if it was the fix, but limp did go away after a couple days.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
You can gently extend and rotate the leg she's limping on (flex the foot, elbow, shoulder) to compare it to the good one to see if you can find the stiff or hurt joint. You can give her a massage and focus on the sore shoulder to help. But like everyone says keep and eye on it and try to keep her still as much as possible which will be difficult.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Thanks guys sorry took so long to reply but i Been super busy. I had to take her to the vet on Tuesday for an eye infection so I had the vet examine her legs. She said they seemed ok but suggested X-rays, I passed on the X-rays as she wasn't my normal vet. Poor girl does have an eye infection and an ulcer which the vet thinks was from pawing at her face and not entropian. She has a follow in 2 weeks t's reavuate her eye and make sure entropian isn't present.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks guys sorry took so long to reply but i Been super busy. I had to take her to the vet on Tuesday for an eye infection so I had the vet examine her legs. She said they seemed ok but suggested X-rays, I passed on the X-rays as she wasn't my normal vet. Poor girl does have an eye infection and an ulcer which the vet thinks was from pawing at her face and not entropian. She has a follow in 2 weeks t's reavuate her eye and make sure entropian isn't present.

Poor Baby..those ulcers hurt! Is her leg better? Hope she feels better all around!! :yes:

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Poor Baby..those ulcers hurt! Is her leg better? Hope she feels better all around!! :yes:

She hasn't been limping but when she goes for follow up I'll have the leg re-examined and if my vet reends X-rays, then I'll get them done.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Please keep us posted on your little Duchess.... hope she is feeling better soon

Most Reactions