Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
She's home :D

She is very mopey and she still won't eat, not even the chicken nuggets I bought her on the way here. I'm hoping this is just a temper tantrum she is throwing because I left her there for a few days.

She peed outside but she needs to eat!

Last edited:

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
Sometimes pee can be the greatest miracle. I have worked at 2 vet clinics, and I can tell you, there were whoops and joy and jumping :) over a wet blankie! Hang in there. I am praying for you both.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
She will do so much better at home with you! Its funny when they are puppies we potty train and get them to stop peeing on the blankets and then when they are grown and having health problems we pray for wet blankets!:D Im praying for you Abby!

M

mabel lou

http://youtu.be/RbDuM-f36Hs

I thought this would be a beautiful song for you to listen to if you would like to. This is one of my favorite songs that helps me when times feel as though life is to hard to deal with and yet confusing. I hope it came through for you.
Keep breathing

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I'm praying that you and Abbey will have a wonderful (pee-filled) Thanksgiving. And Abbey you better eat those chicken nuggets!!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Prayers for you Bev and Abby, she sounds like a true fighter and she knows she is fully loved by you Bev.
Please keeps us updated and I am sorry I missed this thread before.

Fse sends a big Bully :muah2: to you both and hugs from me.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Sometimes pee can be the greatest miracle. I have worked at 2 vet clinics, and I can tell you, there were whoops and joy and jumping :) over a wet blankie! Hang in there. I am praying for you both.

I'm glad I'm not the only one overjoyed to be wearing a wet shirt then :)

As I just told Roe, we don't know how much time she has left with us. All I know is that she is nearing the end of her journey. It's a journey that I feel blessed to have been on with her. I have learned so much for her and from her. I am going to give her as much time as she needs to finish whatever business God has put her here to do. She is in His hands now. There is nothing more that I can do.

Most of the time I think that I have done all that was possible. But there are times I think I have failed her - that there was something that could have been done but wasn't. I know everyone here thinks I have gone above and beyond for her. My family and her doctors feel that way too. When I picked her up I had to hear a 20 speech on how she wouldn't have made it this far without me. What a GREAT job I have done. Like I'm some kind of hero or something. But I didn't do anything that any of you wouldn't have done for your babies. That doesn't make me special, I think it makes me quite normal. Not a single one of you here would have done anything less because you are ALL amazing, special people.

But I can't shake this feeling that something was missing, like I forgot something. Something important that could have given her more time. She was supposed to have more time! And as wonderful as everyone has been, I can't help but feel a little jealous. You all get to watch your babies grow old. You get to deal with things like arthritis and rotting teeth. That makes me an absolutely HORRIBLE person and I know those feelings of jealousy and resentment are punishing Abby today. Not resentment towards any one here, just at life in general. I resent the unfairness and randomness of it all.

I've been reading a book to Abby at night during our subQ fluids time together. I know it's crazy to read to her but it makes me feel better. I like to think that the sound of my voice during that uncomfortable time she has a needle stuck in her back makes it a little more bearable for her. The book is called "Bones would rain from the sky" by Suzanne Clothier. In one of the chapters, the one called Matters of the Heart, she writes...

In any relationship, there is one inescapable reality: To love anything is to risk loss. And a relationship with an animal carries a double-edged sword. While we enjoy the unconditional love of our animals, we know that odds are are better than good that even if they enjoy a long and healthy life, we will outlive them. We accept this reality and the eventual tide of grief that accompanies it because in the moments between our first reaching out to an animal and when we finally let go, what we receive are riches beyond measure. Yet, as we do for our own lives, we hinge our daily sanity on the fragile belief that our animals will be granted full, long lives, that the inevitable is years away. Marcel Prouse wrote, "we say that the hour of death cannot be forcast, but when we say this we imagine that hour as placed in an obscure and distant future. It never occurs to us that it has any connection with the day already begun or that death could arrive this same afternoon, this afternoon which is so certain and which every hour filled in advance" Years are measured out to us in seconds, and thus it seems when looking forward that the end is a long way away. Looking back, we know it was a very brief time indeed.

Hug your babies for me. Give them big sloppy kisses don't ever get mad at them. Don't be frustrated when you have a hard time finding the right foods or when they chew up the carpet. Be thankful for every second that you get to spend with them, never ever take those seconds for granted because not everyone gets that time. Those seconds add up to hours then days then years and that's time that you can never get back. If I have learned anything from this nightmare that we have been living it's to never waste a second of life. Promise me and Abby that you won't waste them. Promise us!

I have to go. Abby just peed on the carpet :)

Last edited:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]-beautifully said! I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling right now! I hope your Abby is happy at home with you and she is right were she wants to be, I pray that your family finds peace in all this!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That was quite beautiful Bev.
I do not think it's crazy at all that you read to Abby. I think it's just plain wonderful.

I will give Tate and Finn xtra smooches today and always.

Thank you for sharing Abby with us and for sharing your heart with us too. :heart:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
What a special person you are. Reading to her is a wonderful way to ease her mind on what is going on. You have been a blessing to her, don't ever question that.
My heart goes out to you and I know your strength will bring you through this. Abby will forever be grateful.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I am so glad to hear that she is home where she belongs. I will definitely go home and give Raven and Bubbles extra smooches with you in mind. It is a wonderful thing that you read to her. There are people that say dogs, cats, etc are just animals but I beg to differ. My fur kids are just as smart as my skin kids and I regularly hold conversations with them. I pray that god gives you a lot more time with her, as well as for her values to improve. Please please don't ever second guess your actions. You have gone above and beyond for her and done every single thing you could, the fact that she is still here and fighting the good fight is a testament to that fact.

Sending healing prayers for the sweetie as well as love and prayers of comfort to you.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I hate that I just now saw this! I'm praying for your sweet girl. Ive read about her so much I feel like she's family and it breaks my heart to think she's nearing the end.

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] I couldn't have said it better about cherishing our babies. There are some days when Aubie. Drives me nuts and I get so ill with her, but then I see Aubrey's picture on the wall or she does something to remind me of Aubrey and everything melts away. I always tell myselfno matter what she's done, it's nothing. All that's important is that she's here with me. Then I give her a big hug and kiss and cherish those moments with her. I fully understand the jealousy of seeing other bullies grow old. Sometimes it makes me angry. Why not my Aubrey? Then I feel like a bad mom when I'm wishing she was still here because I know that would mean I wouldn't have Aubie Shug. Then I worry about Aubie not living long.
You have been the best mom Abby could ever have. We will always second guess our choices, I do about Aubrey still. But she is so lucky to have a mom that would do anything for her. Our spending $8000 on Aubrey is just a drop in the bucket compared to what you do for Abby every day. This is what I love about EBN... People that understand we are not crazy for going to the ends of the earth for our babies. Anyway, the point is that we understand and we love Abby and know she's exactly where she was meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.