Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh my dear brave Bev and dear sweet Abby, both of you are such champions
with no 'quit' in either of you...GOD knew to bring the two of you together!

I had to wait an hour to type this, tears were blinding me and couldn't even
finish your post, thinking of all y'all have been thru on this long, long journey.

I do know this, Bev...I do know that Abby will tell you when & if she's ready to
go, to leave her failing kidneys, treatments, drugs and pain all behind her.

I know to...and so do you...no matter how terribly difficult it gets YOU WILL DO
what's best for Abby just as you've always done and SHE KNOWS THIS.

My fervent prayers going up to the Heavens on behalf of all of you
:angelheart:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Praying for you! She sounds like she is full of spunk so if anybully can pull through it she will!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
:angelheart: Keep up that spirit Abby and pull through please.

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
All the prayers and thoughts in the world to Abby, you, and your family! Reading your posts, I know you are the best EBD Mommy out there! If we know that, Abby knows it a hundred times over. Please keep us posted.

:angelheart:

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I tried to edit my first post with an update but for some reason it wont let me without totally screwing up the formatting. I'm too tired to try to figure out why.

Dr Sing just called me with an update. Abby made it through the night with no seizures. Her blood pressure when she was admitted was 220/130, it's down to 190/100. They are going to adjust her meds to try to lower that number, they can't really begin to treat her crisis points until her bp is a little more stable. There isn't really a standard for blood pressure in dogs like there is for people (120/80). Instead they give ranges but even that varies by age and breed. The normal "range" for an average dog is around 160-180/100. Because of her age and size, they are considering the optimal bp for her to be 160. God I feel like I should have a PhD in veterinary sciences by now.

She won't eat for them but she does have an appetite. She stuck her nose up at the food that I sent with her and the foods that they tried to give her. But she devoured the dry food they hand fed her. Abby has never in her life had straight dry food, they think she ate it so heartily because she thought it was a treat.

They've noticed some blood in her urine. That could be from an UTI or it could be something more serious. There is just no way to tell at this point.

Otis and Roxy as having a hard time of it. Roxy (who has never shown an ounce of interest in the sweetie head) won't eat and she hasn't left the front of Abby's crate all morning. She just sits there looking around. Otis is being so bad! He got into the garbage TWICE. He never goes in the garbage but so far he got into the garbage in the kitchen (and get this) he tossed the cans outside and threw that all over the yard.

I'm going there to see her this afternoon. I would be in the car right now but Dr Sing asked me to wait a little while so they can run some more tests on her. Maybe she will eat for me when I get there?

Last edited:
M

mabel lou

awe hugs for you for giving us this update, I hope you were able to get some rest or at least allow your whole body to just calm down. Please keep us updated as to this afternoons visit.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I came straight here this morning for an update since 6am, bless you for
letting us know how Abby's doing this morning...I'm so thankful, as I know
everyone is, that she's still here and hopeful signs of getting better.

I know she's not out of danger but she doesn't seem to want to go just yet!

What a great bully, so so special and has a wonderfully special Momma too.

Continuing prayers for every one at your house, dear Bev
:pray:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Praying for you and Abby! I'm so sorry and am sending positive thoughts and strength to you during this difficult time.
Please find your strength for she will find her own strength through you and together you will make it through this.
Sending hugs!

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I just saw this now and I am praying for little Abby!!! Sending all my positive thoughts your way. That is a little miracle puppy and I sure hope she pulls through this!!! I also most definitely believe she knows how much you love her. I think that's why she has continued to beat the odds over and over....because she has a family and momma that love her and she carries that with her. That's what gives her that spunky fighting spirit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.