OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Of all the things She DOESN'T know....how deep your love is..is NOT one of those. She knows Bev..she knows. :yes:

I just want her home with me Becky. I just want a little more time.

I know that I've been blessed with this past year. I know that I wasn't ever supposed to have this much time. But I'm not ready. Not now. Not yet. How am I supposed to sleep tonight without her breathing down my neck or snoring in my ear? I know it's silly, I know it's unrealistic... but I can't imagine never having that again.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I just want her home with me Becky. I just want a little more time.

I know that I've been blessed with this past year. I know that I wasn't ever supposed to have this much time. But I'm not ready. Not now. Not yet. How am I supposed to sleep tonight without her breathing down my neck or snoring in my ear? I know it's silly, I know it's unrealistic... but I can't imagine never having that again.

Take it one hour at a time Bev...Tomorrow is very close. You go see her first thing and she will want to see you. Let's get her home....no matter for how long.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh Bev, my eyes watered up as I reading this. Abby is such a special bully and you are more than special. Abby has showed extreme strength to carry on. She's an :angel: as are you! I sure wasn't expecting to read that she want walking back into the vets like she owned the place. I hope that's she's able to stay strong. :hug: :hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
As I sit here reading your post, Tate is licking the tears from my face. I am praying for sweet Abby and also praying that God will continue to give you the strength you need. We love Abby too, and only want the best for her. You are such a wonderful mom to her and Abby not only knows, but she senses with all her being, how much you love and adore her. :hug2::heartsign:

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Bev, please be strong! Abby has always fought for you, as well as herself. She know you love her and would never leave her. Have a glass of wine and get some rest an be there for her tomorrow. Bev, you have been the best bulldog mom I have ever known and I know you will know when it is time to do something different. You have made all of the right decisions before and you will this time. We are all here for you and that baby girl.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:angelheart::pray:Oh my, why didn't I see this until now?? I'm so sorry to hear Abby is not well. I read your story with tears coming down, I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I don't know the whole story behind Abby and what she's been going through, or what is wrongs with her, but I know this must be heart wrenching for you. 2 years ago before I got my two EB puppies, my 14 yer old Jack Russell passed away. She had cancer for about a year before she died, and my vet said she could live with it for some time, as she wasn't in any pain. She said eventually it would come down to her quality of life. My son who has learning disabilities, and is bi-polar loved Oreo , and didn't want us to put her down. We made the decision to take one day at a time, but told him that if she was suffering , then we would put her down. My son had gone to BC to visit his grandmother, as she wasn't well. When he left, he asked us not to do anything until he came back. A week after he left, Oreo didn't wake up one Saturday, she had passed away in her sleep. I guess that was the best way to go, and I didn't have to make that decision to put her down. We didn't tell my son until, a week before he came home, so he could have a nice visit with his grandma, she died a week after Oreo did, and I didn't want him to have to deal with that and Oreo. Abby sounds like she's been through a lot, and come through, she is a fighter, and she is strong, she also knows you love her . Hopefully she will pull through this crisis as well, and you won't have to make that decision, but you will know what to do when the time comes, and as hard and sad as as it will be, you'll make that decision based on love and what is best for Abby, and knowing you gave her the best bully life ever, and that you did everything you could for her, and make it as easy for her as you can. Abby will feel this , and know that she is loved. I am crossing every finger and toe , and praying with all my might that Abby pulls through this, and is okay. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight, and I'm sorry you are going through this. Get well sweet Abby , be strong , and feel all our love so you can get better. Keep us posted, on Abby's condition, and let us know how she's doing. Hugs and Love from Monica, Bulldozer and Blossom.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I sure wasn't expecting to read that she want walking back into the vets like she owned the place.

they weren't expecting to see it either! I'm telling you, she had a seizure on the way there. I had to pull over and hold her through it. She recovered and it was like nothing had happened. She went right back to trying to stick her face through the crack in the window. (I had the window open a little, my windows aren't cracked)

Abby not only knows, but she senses with all her being, how much you love and adore her. :hug2::heartsign:

I hope you're right. That's the biggest fear that I have, that she will die without knowing how much we love her.

I don't get it either. I've had dogs all my life! I've lost so many I need extra hands to count them on. I was a mess when I lost them but I'm a complete basket case just THINKING about losing this one.

My heart wants to believe that she will beat the odds again, no matter how high those odds are stacked against her. But there is this voice in my head that I can't make shut up. It keeps telling me that only cats get 9 lives.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Praying for sweet Abbie, that the Angels wrap their loving wing's around her and heal and let her come home to her loving Momma.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
they weren't expecting to see it either! I'm telling you, she had a seizure on the way there. I had to pull over and hold her through it. She recovered and it was like nothing had happened. She went right back to trying to stick her face through the crack in the window. (I had the window open a little, my windows aren't cracked)

I hope you're right. That's the biggest fear that I have, that she will die without knowing how much we love her.

I don't get it either. I've had dogs all my life! I've lost so many I need extra hands to count them on. I was a mess when I lost them but I'm a complete basket case just THINKING about losing this one.

My heart wants to believe that she will beat the odds again, no matter how high those odds are stacked against her. But there is this voice in my head that I can't make shut up. It keeps telling me that only cats get 9 lives.

She will be there in the morning. I just have to believe this. Who needs 9 lives when you've been loved so much in this one?

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't know the whole story behind Abby and what she's been going through, or what is wrongs with her, but I know this must be heart wrenching for you.

Abby has Juvenile Renal Dysplasia. She was born with broken, deformed kidneys. She has lived her entire, short life in kidney failure. This has been a hell of a roller coaster ride and it is a true miracle that she is still with us today. We've had close calls before but never THIS close, never THIS bad.

I am sorry for your losses too. I hope that they didn't affect your son too negatively :)

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor little Peanut Angel, God bless her, and you for being her Mommy. She obviously has given you a lot of joy, and love , as you have also given her. Praying for her tonight, and hope you get some rest tonight. Thank you for your kind words for Oreo, and my son. Boy these little 4 legged fur babies really grab our hearts don't they? My son did take it very hard , but we gave him Blossom , and he is in bully love with her. It took us 2 years to decide to get another dog, and now we have 2 beautiful EB to love.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bev I am so sorry to hear this, Abby means the world to you and she is very dear to us all.... Sending prayers to both of you and please let us know how she is in the morning :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I keep on sending prayers, positive and healing thoughts and strength for you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.