Thread: Hospitalization

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hospitalization

Sending continued prayers for that sweet little girl. God bless you for all that do you do to make every day for her a special one, wrapped in love, kindness and happiness.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I feel so bad that I only just found this Bev, and reading this at work just now has me blubbing like a baby.

Sweetie head will be home for Thanksgiving .. she's a fighter, and has decided it's not quite time for her to leave you, not yet and not now.

I think every Bully over the Rainbow Bridge must be watching over her right now, and sending their angel kisses to her so that she gets to stay just that little longer with you.

Real Name
    Maia
    Country
    Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ulysses
    Likes (Received)

All our prayers are with you. Lots of love and healing thoughts heading your way. Your adorable and amazingly strong girl feels so much love that she does everything to pull through. It is truly amazing. You and her are definitely doing your part, now we must hope and pray that medicine will come through and she will respond to all treatments. God bless you both. We are thinking of you and Abby.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I went to see Abby today. We spent about an hour and a half with her. I made her a chicken pot pie and she ate some of that.

-imag0578-jpg -imag0581-jpg

The doctor wasn't there when we were. Today is her day off but she has been in and out of there all day to check on her. Dr Sing called me on my drive home. Even though she ate and was happy to see us, Abby isn't getting any better. Instead of her numbers going down like they are supposed to, they are going up. Her BUN is so high the machine can't even register it. Her protein is dropping and she hasn't urinated all day. They (we) are afraid her kidneys have shut down. She has also gained 3 pounds in the past week which they think are fluids backing up into her system.

Dr Sing has put her on lasix to try to jumpstart her kidneys again. She has also added a chinese herb that I can't remember the name of. She's on iv fluids and iv antibiotics and anti seizure medicine and blood pressure medicine and now lasix. All of these things are doing more damage to her already tired kidneys. It looks like this might be Abby's last battle.

She has to win this. She just has to!!

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Lucy-licious

Oh Bev...I wish I had the answers and words of encouragement for you...I wish more that I was there and could wrap you up in the biggest, warmest hug. I will continue to pray fir a miracle for sweet Abby

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh Abby, we're rooting for you! Every hour, every minutes, every second, every breath. We'll be by your side always. xoxoxoxoxxxxxxx
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh Bev, those pictures are really very precious. What a brave girl Abby is. I'm sorry to hear her labs are not improving. I continue to pray for her.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I just cannot even express my sorrow to hear the news.... but Abby is a miracle girl.... if anybully in the world can pull through this she can. Oh how we all love her.... and love you for being the best bully mama out there. xx

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Bev...none of us are in your shoes as you and Sweet Abby fight this war. But we are all trying to hold your hand and give you strength. Just remember to breathe...and take one hour at a time. Looking too far ahead will cause you to miss these moments with her. So much is out of our control in this world, but how much you love her is your greatest strength. Can you feel us beside you? We are there.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, just checking up on Abby, so sad to see she's not responding to the medications. I'm still hoping and praying that she'll turn the corner, and be able to come back home soon. Praying for Abby every minute, and sending her our love.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Bev, I am so sorry you and Abby are having to go through all of this. My thoughts and prayers are constantly with the two of you. These things can change in a short period of time and we all know Abby is a fighter. She has come through some really tough times in the past with you fighting with her. Please let us know if you or Abby need anything. All of EBN are here fo you.
    Zeus 2013

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member DesertBum's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Xena
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to hear that she isn't better yet. I'm sure the home cooking will really help her. Thoughts and prayers to her and you
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Remove Ads