URGENT!!! Help with Major' balls.....

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
the redness coming from the inside, outside is dry its not blood that you seeing,
i might think its the treats from fromm that i gave him yesterday salmon/sweet potato , but only gave him a piece shouldn't be this bad. he never ate fish before so he might be allergic to it?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
For now I would skip that treat since it seems that's the only change. It is very possible that he's very allergic to something.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
Vet just gave him those medicines that I posted, he said its not a major problem so not to worry, but im still worry plus the diarrhea too... thanks guys

L

Lucy-licious

Maybe it's burn caused by the diarrhoea...you can give him tinned pumpkin to help firm his poop...the 100% kind not the pie filler. What has he had thats different that may have caused it?
Use some diaper cream like detesin on his balls after you clean them gently with warm soapy water and dry them off on a soft towel. Poor boy must be uncomfortable x

xxdid you mention the diarrhoea to the vet? Wondering if he asked for a sample?

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
They got a sample and its being test, I put neosporin on tthe"balls"
. Will try tinned pumpkin. Thanks

M

mabel lou

My Mabel dumped the dog food bin over one time while I was outside and she developed diarrhea from eating and eating and eating so much food that my vet put her on the same meds for diarrhea. He said not to feed for a whole day of regular food and sent me home with canned low residue food that I was to give her a couple spoonfuls every hour and half which allowed the med to begin working. It took almost a day of nonstop doing this before I seen any real results with the diarrhea. Hope things work out.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw i hope he gets better soon. i couldnt see the pics but it sounds painful. he could have eaten something outside or it could be the treats. you will know in a day or so if the meds are going to make him better. oh and thats canned pumpkin not tinned. canned pumkin will help with the diarrhea

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
Everything is good now but his ball still pink from time to time ,
Will post pictures tomorrow when he wake up ..thanks guys .

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
before
20121119_104820-1.jpg

after::(been like this after all the medicine and cream) hes healthy and everything wonder if i have to get him neuter soon, which i don't want too)

20130105_190724.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
They look like they have improved but I don't know what would have caused this, I have never seen anything like it before. I am going to add your first photo to your first post since it's missing and could help identify it in the future.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: my dog had the same thing before he passed his balls died inside of him an then he had surgery an the something happened an it spread all over his body we had to put him to sleep they looked like that at first then they got huge an black it was so badimage.jpg I hope you figure out what it is give him lots of love

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 39

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think I'd let a good bully vetsee him and see what the vet says to do. Neutering definitely would be the thing to do.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ruckus had similar irritation. He was constipated and was given lots of iv and stool softener which caused diarrhea which caused irritation. He had a trail that went from his butt down. Our vet gave us silver sulfadiazine cream. Not sure if that's what your using or not but it worked wonders for Ruckus.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.