Help Needed! Why does she smell :(

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I have to bath coco at least once a week. A have noticed her bedding and her get smelly really quickly :( I can't describe the smell but it's bloody Minging lol bit like a musky smell. It's smells in her paws mainly. Any advise as I no ur the guys to ask 😄😷💨🛀🇬🇧

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
If she smells like CORN CHIPS (put your nose down there, right at her paws!) then its a yeast infection, and you need to wash all of her bedding every few days, while treating her.

1 part Apple Cider Vinegar
1 part Hydrogen Peroxide
3 parts warm water.

Soak her paws in the solution really good, rub between her toes etc.

Does she lick her paws heavily? Yeast LOVE WARM MOIST AREAS (Lick paws, put underbody on pillow and sleep) Repeat process :p

Kill the yeast colony, and you'll have solved your problem (IF it is a yeast issue)

The tough part, why is she getting yeastie in the 1st part. Food? Allergies?

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Ano this sounds stupid but when u smell in her ears they have the same smell to :( x

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sounds like yeast to me. What are you feeding her??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it does sound like yeast, food is usually the reason behind it. A good antibacterial antifungal shampoo like Pharmaseb will help. The problem is each time you give a bath you are actually feeding the yeast colony if you ate not using something that will kill it. A apple cider vinegar rinse will also help. 25% ACV and 75% water.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

A

Alaskasmom1

A vet tech told me years ago when we first got Tank, to give him acidophilus pearls. It's a supplement. He stunk so bad when we bought him from his previous owner. His hair was falling out...We put him on taste of the wild pacific stream first. We gave him 2 acidophilus pearls for the first week. Then one. Day for a few more days. The tech said it wouldn't hurt to give it to him year round if I needed to. I finally did that because it does help him so much with yeast. It's like givi g hi. Yogurt only better. I give both my bully's New Vet vitamins too. They are regularly drop shipped to my house. I spray a good apple cider vinegar on their feet and in their fur everyday and work it through. My dogs are getting more beautiful each day. Desertskybulldogs helped me finish off the tear stain problems. Life is good. ACIDOPHILUS PEARLS. A TINY WELL KEPT SECRET.

A

Alaskasmom1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353376960.757192.jpg
Alaska Blue
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353376992.207426.jpg
Tank
My darlings.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would definedly chance his food. Not all, even good foods, suit every bullie. Grains, potatoes and such can be the cause of yeast. You can wash her every day and it would not help with the problem. You'd just be taking care of the symptoms not the issue it self.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Yeast has a very bitter sour smell so if that is the smell I would say yeast! Hope it gets better!

L

Lucy-licious

She has the lamb and rice grain free. ? X

maybe try her in one of the others.....or there are the Turkey and veg, and the Lamb and veg..they're the ones in the green bags. x

For the yeast..try getting some hibiscrub from Amazon...mix it 1 capful to 5 caps if water, and use it to wash in all her folds and crevices, between her toes too...then dry before putting on a little Canestan cream or athletes foot cream xx
if she needs a wash inbetween use huggies pure baby wipes, dry then apply the cream again. If that doesnt help the vet might give you some anti fungal meds.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My pup came to us eating Nutros Puppy. He loved the food, but always smelled "doggy". He was the first larger breed dog we had ever had in the house, so I kind of thought this was how it was supposed to be. I was spending every weekend cleaning him, his bedding, his toys, my house...etc. Within 2-3 days the smell would return.... Then I found EBN! Yah!!! And learned that food can make the difference. We switched to Fromms Grain-free and within a few weeks he didn't smell anymore! :) He can go weeks now without a bath, just daily wipe downs and still doesn't get smelly, so I can attest - Food will make a BIG difference! I hope you find the best food for you baby as easily as we did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.