General Question Black spot forming around puppies area

Bully907

Nov 8, 2012
Fort Bragg, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
So charlie has this thing forming around her area, We clean her very well and try and keep her dry. We have shown this to the vet but he says it nothing to worry about just yet and to wait to see if it goes away if not he will give her some more powerful medication for what he believes it to be bacterial. She is already on a spray but it doesnt really seem to do much. Has anyone with a female puppy seen this? Could this be a food alergy?

Charlie.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Let's see if we can get you some experienced opinions!
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]..[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]...[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have no idea what that could be, if I had to guess it looks like an infection, but since your vet said its nothing to worry about, he's the expert , so we have to trust, but if it doesn't go away, then I would take her back.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Grace my female Staffordshire bull terrier gets black stuff around hers to all the time I just wash it really well with a baby wipe with apple cider vinegar on it an it comes off good but you have to really get in there its kinda gross but I'd rather it be clean then look like that she has a little now but she hates when I do it so there's no way I could get a picture she will not roll on her back inside she was abused before we got her but outside is another story she loves rolling around on her back but enough about me. I wouldn't worry about it just wash it really well with the ACV an it should go away.

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So charlie has this thing forming around her area, We clean her very well and try and keep her dry. We have shown this to the vet but he says it nothing to worry about just yet and to wait to see if it goes away if not he will give her some more powerful medication for what he believes it to be bacterial. She is already on a spray but it doesnt really seem to do much. Has anyone with a female puppy seen this? Could this be a food alergy?

View attachment 30758

Well, I'm sorry to disagree, but your Vet may be an ignorant a**. Bacterial infections are no joke
and can get out of hand quickly. I'd find a GOOD Bully knowledgeable Vet for a 2nd opinion.

Let us know, will keep y'all in prayer.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] -- Tagging my best bud. She knows everything.

Anything that CAN wash off -- should be. I'd get down there and scrub the dickens out of that area. I tend to agree with Carol also. You need a new vet.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i honestly dont know what that is but id be putting something on it for sure. do you have duoxo pads or hibiclenz they are really good for bacteria and such. hibiclenz can be gotten at the drug store or grocery store in the bandaid section. at the very least if be putting some peroxide or maybe some neosporin on it. i agree bacteria is nothing to fool with either. if it doesnt wash off with the hibiclenz then id think about a new vet to.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH MY.... I'd be looking for a new vet without a doubt, if it is bacterial it needs to be addressed and not waiting 'to see'

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That does not look good to me!!! Like cowsmom said a good antibacterial soap like hybiclens and that looks snotty too.... If it's fungal and not bacterial you will need something else, however.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Bully907

Bully907

Nov 8, 2012
Fort Bragg, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Well, I'm sorry to disagree, but your Vet may be an ignorant a**. Bacterial infections are no joke
and can get out of hand quickly. I'd find a GOOD Bully knowledgeable Vet for a 2nd opinion.

Let us know, will keep y'all in prayer.

I should have clarified the spray he gave us was to kill the bacteria from the outside rather then give a puppy a pill which could give her a upset stomach, if that spray didnt work then he would have given her the pill.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I should have clarified the spray he gave us was to kill the bacteria from the outside rather then give a puppy a pill which could give her a upset stomach, if that spray didnt work then he would have given her the pill.

LOL...okay then, guess we'll hold off shooting him for now although I agree with [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] it could be fungal.
Keep us informed, best of luck w/Charlie!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What is the spray you are using?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I don't like the looks of that one little bit. New vet immediately, even if the second one agrees with the first one.
Lets really get into this, ok.
Does it have a foul odor? Is it possible she is exposed to a male dog? What color is her urine? After you clean her, how soon does it come back? Is it sticky?

OP
Bully907

Bully907

Nov 8, 2012
Fort Bragg, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
No foul odor, has been around a male dog but also a puppy about her age 14 weeks, her urine is yellow to sometimes clear. To be honest as far as I can remember its always been there but never really put any thought into it until it got bigger. It is not sticky but today a small piece of skin fell fall so not sure what it really is

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online