URGENT!!! Baby threw up and has had the runs

Bully907

Nov 8, 2012
Fort Bragg, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Our Charlie has had the runs for about 4 days thought it was the food (she is on royal canin, I know it's not good. We were about to start switching her to Fromm). She acted fine all day and now just tonight she had the runs and threw up. She has no desire to eat or drink. And just so your tracking she received her third (I believe) parvo vaccine on Saturday. She is 13 weeks old and she has been eating royal canin since she bas been with us which is a month. Any ideas what may be wrong with her? Could it just be the food finally catching up? Please any advice is much appreciated, if she isn't better by morning I'm just going to take her to the vet.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I doubt it's the food. Even though Royal Canin isn't highly regarded..lots of Bully's do fine on it. She should be protected well enough from Parvo after 3 vaccinations.although, I wouldn't take my pup out and about until they have had all their shots.....Is there a chance she could have eaten anything else? A piece of toy or anything outside? It is possible she just has an upset tummy, but honestly, if she were my pup, I would take her to the vet. They can get dehydrated very quickly. I will tag a couple people who might have more advice for you. I know you are worried, we all worry for our sweet Bully's.

@desertskybulldogs..@Sherry..@Davidh

Last edited:
OP
Bully907

Bully907

Nov 8, 2012
Fort Bragg, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
We are just taking her to the vet tonight. Spoke to our vet who is always available ffor emergencies and he wants to be safe and rule out parvo.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I would take him to the vet, my Bulldozer was home last Friday with my son, and he had him out, and I guess he wasn't watching him , we were out. The next morning, he started with diarrhea and then he vomited 4 times, I took him to the vet, and she felt a wad of something in his abdomen, he got really sick, and we almost had to take him for surgery. He had swallowed a sock, and we didn't know it. You can read my story, ( OMG Dozer must have swallowed something ). It was really scary.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good move on taking her to the vets tonight. I hope it's just a stomach bug and not parvo. Please keep us posted. We asked our vet about taking one of our 16 week old pups to a dog show and he said "no, don't take him." He said that he would not take one to a place with a lot of dogs until they are 6 months of age, to be on the safe side.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad you are taking Charlie in!!! Without a doubt if a young pup is refusing to eat and throwing up with liquid diarrhea consider this an emergency! Please let us know what you find out :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
hope everything turns out alright, please keep us updated.

OP
Bully907

Bully907

Nov 8, 2012
Fort Bragg, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
update on Charlie, she was taken to the vet last night. Vet checked for parvo and came out neg because that's a big possibilities and also he thought a bacteria infection in her stomach, he was worried that because she just received the parvo vaccine on Saturday that it could possibly pop up. But he gave her a iv and antibiotics and we have to keep a eye on her today but as of this morning she is eating and drinking again and alert so that's good, we have a cuddly puppy on our hands now because she is thankful to be feeling better.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
update on Charlie, she was taken to the vet last night. Vet checked for parvo and came out neg because that's a big possibilities and also he thought a bacteria infection in her stomach, he was worried that because she just received the parvo vaccine on Saturday that it could possibly pop up. But he gave her a iv and antibiotics and we have to keep a eye on her today but as of this morning she is eating and drinking again and alert so that's good, we have a cuddly puppy on our hands now because she is thankful to be feeling better.

Good news!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online