General Question Ice Cube Question

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Is it bad for your bullies teeth to feed them ice cubes on a consistent basis? I figured that it wouldn't bother them being that they chew on bones and antlers all the time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not that I have ever heard or read....

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I don't think so. If they can chomp through the deer antlers and other hard bones I doubt that the ice cubes will cause a problem.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Well if it is bad then it will have to be just that as Dublin eats ice cubes all the time. I don't know what we would do here in FL if she didn't, and her treat just before she goes to sleep is a few ice cubes. She always like ice cubes in her water bowl.. So far, so good.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I've never heard of a problem.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Never heard of it being a problem... Moe runs to fridge for a cube when he hears the ice dispenser churning.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ive never heard of a problem my bostons eat ice cubes and sarah will on occasion. my gf feeds her dogs them all the time and no problems

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No problem at all, I have however heard never give a bunch of ice to an overheated bully, can cause bloat, something about the cold in their tummy when they are too hot. Note a panting bully in the summer is okay but just not if they are overheated. Best to cool them with a spritz or cool cloths on their skin.

Giving ice in the winter time is great!! They tend to not drink enough during this time so this gives them the fluids they need, helping to prevent winter UTI!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Ah Ha....my hubby is wrong - will be having him read this thread just to prove - thanks everyone!

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Ah Ha....my hubby is wrong - will be having him read this thread just to prove - thanks everyone!

hahaha I wasn't trying to be like that, I honestly wanted to know because Bacon probably gets 90% of his water on a daily basis via ice cubes. It makes things more manageable when your entire upstairs is hard wood floors, and someone shoves their entire face into the water bowl when given the opportunity.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.