Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Allergic to my Bully!?!??!

I don't have any advice unfortunately; as I've been getting older, I have to take some allergy medication myself, but it's more for the weather.

This just reminded me of a short story - I took Remi to pick up my mail, and one gentlemen stopped and asked me if i had one of those "hypoallergenic" dogs. He's like I'm allergic to dogs!! As he continuously started to pet Remi. I was like... umm... I don't think those actually exist, but Remi has a ton of allergies himself.

A little ironic :/ Hang in there...

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Great solutions!

My sister's boyfriend is allergic to cats --- and my sister is cat crazy. Guess which one she chose? I'd have gotten rid of the stupid boyfriend myself.
    Thanks Vicaroo that's funny cause the coffee cup I'm drinking out of right now says, "I got rid of my husband, the Dog was allergic"

I totally forgot to mention the household stuff LOL leave it to me to only focus on the dog part ... vacuum, dust and sweep with allergies it's best to do it everyday really bad allergy times, multiple times a day that way all the fallen dander gets cleaned away.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    This just reminded me of a short story - I took Remi to pick up my mail, and one gentlemen stopped and asked me if i had one of those "hypoallergenic" dogs. He's like I'm allergic to dogs!! As he continuously started to pet Remi. I was like... umm... I don't think those actually exist...
    Isn't President Obama's family dog, "Bo" "hypoallergenic". I saw that on the news one time and though, WTF? The reason they got a Portuguese Water Spaniel is that one of the girls has allergies to dogs.

Being allergic to any animal --- especially dogs -- would be like, the WORST POSSIBLE THING IN THE WORLD, I think.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member redhed's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sancho
    Likes (Received)

Of course, when I take a break from EBN there is a thread that I can actually help with!!

I don't know if you did a search prior to this post, but my very first post on EBN was about this very same topic. When we first got our puppy I was seriously miserable. Hives, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, difficulty breathing, the whole nine yards. 24/7. It got to the point that I was doing topical Benadryl, oral Benadryl and Zyrtec twice/day. And it was just making my life bearable. I was ready to give up

What finally helped me was a product called Allerpet D. It's a solution that you put on the dog to neutralize the proteins in their dander that people are generally allergic to. It was seriously A-MAZING. Within a couple of days my allergies had pretty much subsided. Don't get me wrong -- I can't snuggle a lot with him and I still have to be vigilant about washing my skin after playing with him, but I can have him and live with him without being completely miserable. It's the first time in my life I've been able to have a pet. No more Benadryl, although I still take Zyrtec daily; but I was doing that before we got him, too.

Additionally, we do not allow him in areas with carpet most of the time and we DEFINITELY do not sleep with him. The dander will collect in the material and become exponentially worse for you. I understand that you want to sleep with your baby, but you probably shouldn't, at least until the allergy treatments begin to work. I'd be very curious to know how those work out, BTW.

Good luck...and I'd love to hear an update.

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Could it be the shampoo you are using on your pup?
    Gizmo broke out horribly and we figured out it was the puppy shampoo we had gotten for Hershey ! good luck !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads