Help Needed! Prolapsed Urethra

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I've no experience of this, but I'm so glad that Roe and Kim have been able to put your mind at rest a little. Isn't it awful when they are away from us!!! He'll be home soon!!!! :assurred::hug2::hug:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=2152]kim n the guys[/MENTION] Well that's good to hear! I have no idea how much it's going to cost. Probably quite a bit jut bc he has to stay there for awhile. Aww Remy...right to his toy box. How old was he when it happened to him.

[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] how old is Brutus now. Sounds like he's doing well. Did the humping stop after he got neutered? Even though Einstein was neutered he still humped his pillow. The vet said its a learned behavior and he did it before he was fixed. He never tried to hump anything besides his pillow so we always thought what's the harm. I feel bad now. His special pillow is already in the trash!

Got an update from the vet today. Said he's doing well and that he's eating. They are still optimistic that we can get him on Friday. My husband took a care package with some of his favorite things yesterday but didn't ask to see him just because we knew he would get really excited and we didn't want him to pull anything out. They said that he started growling and barking at one of the ladies that worked there. He has never ever done that before. I don't think he's ever growled before. But they said they put him in a crate next to another dog and he's much better. Said he needed some companionship. No growling or barking now.

You are doing the right thing! I wish we could go back and not take him home when we did! He got very excited and even when we got home he saw Chanel got excited again, jumped on the couch by accident :( that's the number one cause in a reoccurrence! We paid 3,200.00 for the total surgery Prolapse/neuter and he said for 3 days! They wanted 2 more days!

Brutus is now 16 months and is doing great! He humped before surgery also! After surgery it took a month or so maybe to completely stop! Now just a couple months ago he is now jumping Chanel :( well her face that is! Not the way he used to! I correct him and let him know I don't approve! He is getting better!

Things will be fine and he will be home soon! It's a tough wait and it's harder I think on us :) he is probably getting everyone's attention :) very handsome boy! Let me know if you need anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
@kim n the guys Well that's good to hear! I have no idea how much it's going to cost. Probably quite a bit jut bc he has to stay there for awhile. Aww Remy...right to his toy box. How old was he when it happened to him.

@ChanelnBrutus how old is Brutus now. Sounds like he's doing well. Did the humping stop after he got neutered? Even though Einstein was neutered he still humped his pillow. The vet said its a learned behavior and he did it before he was fixed. He never tried to hump anything besides his pillow so we always thought what's the harm. I feel bad now. His special pillow is already in the trash!

Got an update from the vet today. Said he's doing well and that he's eating. They are still optimistic that we can get him on Friday. My husband took a care package with some of his favorite things yesterday but didn't ask to see him just because we knew he would get really excited and we didn't want him to pull anything out. They said that he started growling and barking at one of the ladies that worked there. He has never ever done that before. I don't think he's ever growled before. But they said they put him in a crate next to another dog and he's much better. Said he needed some companionship. No growling or barking now.

it happened this past June and Remy was 8 months. Like [MENTION=2555]Brutus[/MENTION]nchanel I think Remy's was caused by aggressive humping, he was humping Oliver and Sebastian like crazy! After the surgery, he tried to hump maybe two or three times but since then no humping incidents. Neutering has not changed him at all, he's still a wild man!!!!

AllisonXX

Nov 8, 2012
Northwest Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Monty
Mr. Monty had surgery for his prolapsed urethra last Tuesday. Our vet consulted with another vet office in town who told him that the prolapse often reoccurs after doing the surgery to put the urethra back in and that they prefer to just remove it with laser surgery. So that's what he got. He had one overnight stay at the vet and was back home the next day with a few internal stitches. He has been having trouble urinating post surgery and will be back in the vet next Tuesday for another checkup. Apparently he is healing "too well".

It really sucked when he started dripping blood from his penis. We were WAAAY more upset than he was. He still wanted to play and have fun. It was Friday night and he wasn't bleeding heavily so he had to wait until Monday to get checked out and then he had to fast Monday night for his surgery Tuesday morning.

OP
Einstein the Great

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
[MENTION=6861]AllisonXX[/MENTION] well that's good. Glad Mr. Monty is doing well. Einstein just came home tonight. He is having some urinary frequency but other than that he's doing well. Glad to be home that's for sure. He also has to go in next week to check on everything.

Thank you all for your advice and support!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online