Thread: a vegas-like stew for Lola's potential allergy situation (one bonus snore video)

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Default a vegas-like stew for Lola's potential allergy situation (one bonus snore video)

Lola has slowly been having what appears to be an allergic reaction. Thought it might be because it has been rainy and her paws get all wet, but now I think it might be chicken. I need to nip this in the bud, immediately.

She's starting to break out in acne or little red pustules on her chin..this is the before video, when they were first starting..
    Lola snoring - also concerned about the possibility of an elongated palate but thats another post/vet discussion (feel free to chime in).
    http://youtu.be/_XG-vsO8s78
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_XG-vsO8s78?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then she started to look like this: chin, red paws, chewing on her knee = bald spot
    -2012-11-08_21-21-21_214-jpgAttachment 30494-2012-11-08_22-09-53_705-jpg-2012-11-08_22-11-58_305-jpg today, owie: -2012-11-12_19-41-58_575-jpg

So I videotaped Lola's issues tonight...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81aGF...=UL81aGFkrHjBE
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/81aGFkrHjBE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And decided to make a Vegas-like stew...we've never not fed Lola chicken and it's in the NB alpha lamb/rabbit/chicken kibble we feed her. Since she's not a fan of eating in general, we often used to put boiled chicken on it. (Now its more shredded cheese, liver treats or light cream cheese - i know i'm horrible - i just need her to eat.)
    http://youtu.be/u3V461oz7T4
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u3V461oz7T4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

finished product, simmering for hours per @Libra926
    -2012-11-12_21-11-04_366-jpg

and a test run, she ate it! whattastinker.
    -2012-11-12_21-31-52_192-jpg

@Libra926

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: a vegas-like stew for Lola's potential allergy situation (one bonus snore video)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    (Now its more shredded cheese, liver treats or light cream cheese - i know i'm horrible - i just need her to eat.)

Actually, those are very good toppers for her food.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Real Name
    Bree
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Layla and Wilbur
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: a vegas-like stew for Lola's potential allergy situation (one bonus snore video)

Wilbur exhibits the exact same symptoms....I am now 2 weeks into strict grain-free / poultry- free diet ( wellness core ocean) and only pure salmon or dried whitefish treats ( you know, the freeze dried one). I am hoping his issues are all poultry related...he is all cleared u right now but just finished course of antibiotics). Layla isn't as bad.
    if this doesn't work for us, I guess I will try...kangaroo as the protein??? Running out of options!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2Bullies View Post
    Wilbur exhibits the exact same symptoms....I am now 2 weeks into strict grain-free / poultry- free diet ( wellness core ocean) and only pure salmon or dried whitefish treats ( you know, the freeze dried one). I am hoping his issues are all poultry related...he is all cleared u right now but just finished course of antibiotics). Layla isn't as bad.
    if this doesn't work for us, I guess I will try...kangaroo as the protein??? Running out of options!
    haha, yeah we will try poultry-free venison and other game meats!! I will consider antibiotics or at least a trip to the vet if these itchy toes dont clear up in two weeks off chicken. we used to give lola an egg every day, it got less frequent, but I think eggs are considered chicken eh? boo. she loves them. I hope Wilbur stays free and clear!!

Real Name
    Bree
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Layla and Wilbur
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    haha, yeah we will try poultry-free venison and other game meats!! I will consider antibiotics or at least a trip to the vet if these itchy toes dont clear up in two weeks off chicken. we used to give lola an egg every day, it got less frequent, but I think eggs are considered chicken eh? boo. she loves them. I hope Wilbur stays free and clear!!
    thank you, and I hope Lola gets better too! Wilbur has reacted with this chin-acne to chicken, turkey and most recently duck. I really hope it is poultry....and not peas or potato ( which seem to be common in a lot of foods!!!)
    good luck!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I'm really not good with food allergy issues being that we really haven't had to deal with them. Just want to wish you both luck.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

ugh the pustules on her chin are opening up and bleeding a little hello polysporin

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads