Help Needed! inhaled a bag full of treats! D:

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
I left Louie alone for about an hour and he managed to jump on the couch onto a small table then on to a desk then i dont even know how jumped a couple of feet to get on top of his crate! we have his toys, harnesses, and treats up there and of course he ripped open a bag of salmon treats and ate all of them :( i came back home with his head stuffed in the bag.. i literally had to pull him off from the bag! I swear he is smarter than what he looks :evil: i'm really worried.. i gave him hydrogen peroxide to see if he would throw it up but nothing.. my girlfriend says that he is fine but like always i have my doubts.. we took him for a walk not long ago and he actually walked! he wasnt being stubborn about it so that makes me feel like hes not in any abdominal pain.. he's been drinking alot of water and peeing alot but other than that he seems fine.. I do presume he's going to have diarrhea tomorrow.. so should i be worried? :unsure:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Nope don't worry, a little poop goes a long way. don't try to make him throw up. he'll be fine, probably drink allot of water is all.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm not sure about salmon treats or dog treats, he'll probably get the diarrhea for sure, but I'm not sure if it could make him sick or not, being that it is just salmon, might just upset his tummy from eating too much. Is it a treat? , or a supplement, because a supplement would be more like a vitamin ( Omega 3 ) oil, and I also don't know if eating too much would be bad. You could call your emergency vets office and ask. How long ago did he eat it? I wouldn't feed him too much, though, until you know if his tummy is going to get upset or not. Maybe just water. Hope he's ok. Let us know how he's doing later or tomorrow.

OP
L

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
awesome thanks! he seems perfectly fine just drinks a lot of water.. i'll defiantly be keeping an eye out on him for the rest of the night. This happened around 3p.m his poop is starting to get watery so I have that to look forward too lol they are salmon treats supplements would have me more worried though.. i defiantly don't plan on feeding him tonight.. he is starting to give me the i'm starving look lol poor guy..

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep, he will be fine even without dinner... you on the other hand... WOW what a mess that will be coming your way.... :laugh:

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Thank god he only got into treats! My thoughts are with you.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Just like a child that ate the whole bag of candy....he might have a tummy ache, but he'll be fine. Too smart for his own good, though. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yes since it was just treats, he will be fine, just an upset tummy, and diarrhea . Poor baby.

OP
L

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Louie seems to be doing fine this morning :) he seemed kinda uncomfortable at night pretty sure he had a tummy ache.. this morning he pooped and just as expected diarrhea -___- hopefully it all gets out of his system today.. he's stomach still feels kinda hard though, I was thinking skipping breakfast and feeding him only dinner what do you guys think? He hasn't eaten since yesterday morning I also plan on giving him pumpkin for his diarrhea.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Yea I would just give him pumpkin and see how he is feeling later on today, glad he didn't eat the bag or anything else for that matter.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.