loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
We went to the park tonight we were going the the baseball field because its fenced in almost all the way an as soon as we got in the gate there was intestines it looked like dear it was a little fesh like it happened the night before an Franklin ate some. After that he ran around for a little with Houdini my mother in laws dog an then we were walking back to the car an he found some poo he ate a piece of that to I just really really hope he doesn't get sick has anyone else's dog eat anything gross an what did you do I'm going to call the vet in the morning but I just wanted to know if anyone has been through this?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH... no I never experienced this. :poo: eating is not uncommon and will not hurt them, might make the vomit if they eat a whole lot, but I got nothing on the intestines

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
SOrry no advice on the intestines...As far as :poo: eating Brutus used to enjoy his share of poop. I would see what the vet saysa bout it!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I would get him dewormed in a few weeks, just in case. I have been watching way too many episodes of Monsters Inside Me.

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
Yeah I agree with [MENTION=6280]ModernFemme[/MENTION]. I would definitely deworm just in case, as a precaution. I don't think the intestines themselves would be harmful but who knows what's living in there... :bad:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I know it's common and not dangerous for dogs to eat pooh, they have a much different digestive system than us, and their acid will break it down. It's just really YUK. As for the intestines, not sure, but if I had to guess, it's probably the same, the stomach acid will kill just about anything, my Dad lives up North, and his Chocolate Lab has eaten road kill, carcass , bones and all, a few times, and he's fine. I think it's ok, but the only thing that I would worry about is if the animal was diseased, or the animal that killed it was diseased. Your dog will be covered for rabies through his vaccinations. Best to check with the vet though just to be safe, and to ease your mind. If you don't want to wait until tomorrow, you could call the Emergency Vet in your area to ask them, they can tell you if there is anything to worry about. You might also want to call animal control to tell them about the dead deer, so they can remove it , and sometimes they do tests on these animals for disease identification. Also by them removing it, stops other animals from eating it, and children from coming in contact with the dead animal since you mentioned it was near a baseball field. Also it could attract other wild animals which could be dangerous to pets and people. Hope everything is ok. Keep us posted as to what the vet said.

OP
loveabully

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: there was no body it was just the intestines an some fur like someone poached a deer an gutted it on the baseball field cause that's all it was some nasty intestines an some fur my husband said he had to push him away from it he was not moving he was so strong he wanted it really bad an he only got a small piece of it he didn't eat the whole thing waiting to hear back from the vet ill keep you posted

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree , he'll probably be fine, but never hurts to ask the vet, just to be sure. I never thought about the worms, so better to check if a deworming is needed a well. Hope all is ok, let us know what, the vet says.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon was a connoisseur of poop when he was younger and it never hurt him. Not sure about the intestine though.

Members online

No members online now.