General Question a&d or destin for wrinkles?

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Gator's wrinkles have been red this week and once before they were red and looked raw but my mom put cocnut oil on him (she's coconut oil crazy) i'm not sure it actually worked i just ended up cleaning them everyday with a lil oatmeal puppy shampoo. I think his wrinkles turn red from our weather change windy (with dust in the air), and they're kinda moist.

What's better to put in his fold a&d or desitin ointment?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
if its moist in the fold I would guess the Desitin Ointment because it would be a moisture barrier but hopefully someone with more experience will give you some solid suggestions.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
You could clean them well and dry well and apply a thick layer of Desitin it works wonders! The tears are usually caused by allergies...sometimes its eyelashes that may be growing inward causing the eye to tear or it could be something in the food causing tears.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
we use desitin.. does a good job of soothing the rawness of the fold

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
thanks! I cleaned his wrinkles really good used oatmeal puppy shampoo and then made sure they were well dried and then i hogged tied him (ok not really i lay him on his side and kinda squat sit on him lol, only way we compromise on fold /eye cleanings). Hopefully the desitin will clear him up in a few days.

Most Reactions