RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great to hear Dozer is doing fine! That must of been scary!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey everyone, just a morning update on Dozer. I woke up this morning at 6:00 am and took the two out for their duties, Dozer was much more energetic, and more himself this morning. He was jumping up on me, and chased the cat, I never thought I'd be happy to see him being spazzy again. Definitely, Glad to have my crazy , rangy guy back. I got lots of kisses this morning too. I didn't feed him too much this morning though, I only gave him 1/3 of a cup, instead of his usual 1 and 1/2 cups, and I mixed it with a Tbsp of the fibre food, I don't want to over tax his tummy, he may be sore or tender after passing that sock, plus I wanted to see if he would keep it down. We were very lucky, the vet said yesterday, when we thought it was paper towel, that if it was in the colon it would pass, but if it was in the small intestine, then he would need surgery. The X-ray showed that it was partially in the small intestine, and at the beginning of the colon. It could have gone either way. The vet gave him pain meds, and a laxative, and sent him home with fibre dog food, I guess it was enough to loosen, and move it down, and the pain medication allowed him to pass it without too much discomfort. Thank God. He has eaten a sweet sock before , but he threw it up, I never knew he even had that in his stomach, he ate and acted normal. I think it was because the first time it was my husbands sweat sock, and being that it was an adults sock, it was too big to pass through the intestines. But this time it was my Grandsons' sock, and being a small child's ' sock, it was able to pass through to the small intestine, but then got stuck there. We are very lucky that he was able to pass it, and didn't need surgery. The vet was pretty sure when we went home yesterday , that we were going to end up at the emergency hospital , based on the way he was looking at her office, he just laid there, was in a lot of pain, throwing up, and drooling, he had no energy. She called the emergency hospital, to tell them that we may we coming, she gave us his X-rays to take with us, and sent us with a list of all the medications she had given him. He passed that sock at 8:30 pm last night , and has totally turned around. I'm still taking him to the vet this afternoon to follow up and make sure he's ok, but it looks like he's out of the woods.
Thanks again everyone for all your prayers, good thoughts, and caring, it helped to sound off , through all the worrying, and I'm sure Dozer heard all your prayers for him too. Thank you

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh boy I missed this also! I am so happy he passed it and is feeling better! This is my everyday fear with both of my furbabies! They try to eat everything!

You are a great mama!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
O' happy, happy day...I love GOOD NEWS and am overjoyed for Dexter
and your family...GOD is good, HE is always good and the power of prayer
is awesome.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Last chapter in the Dozer saga: We went to the vet at 4:00 today, with a completely different little boy, full of spunk and jump. The vet couldn't believe the change in him from yesterday, she was 100% sure we were going to end up at the vet hospital yesterday. But he dodged the sock bullet. Whew. She asked us to bring in the sock, to show her, and she said the size of the sock is consistent with the shadow on the X-ray, so is confident, that everything has passed. She rechecked his tummy, and felt his colon area, and said everything feels normal, no masses, no hardness, tummy feels nice and soft , his colour and vitals were great, and she was quite happy with how he looked. We are to feed him his normal amount of food tonight, mixed with the fibre food, and continue to use the fibre until its finished, this is just to make sure everything keeps moving smoothly, and because he had so many medications, it will help him from getting constipated. She asked if she could keep the sock, to show the other vet, because she couldn't believe he passed that through the intestines. Lets hope he is over his sock fetish. Lol

L

Lucy-licious

LMAO..at the vet wanting a souvenir :)

So thankful that this story had a happy ending x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW.. what a saga is right.... so happy it had a great ending and no surgery was needed

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
That is amazing! You and Dozer certainly dodged a bullet there. Don't count on him learning a lesson from it though, Ruggles is almost 6, has had one obstructive surgery and several forced pukes, and would still eat a sock, towel, bedding, stuffed toy, etc. if the occasion presented itself.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wow! Such great news! The power of prayer and love came through. I can't believe I've never had a major issue with my three. They don't get any toys except antlers because with a houseful of dogs and cats I can't possibly watch them every second. I don't know how many caps my husband has dropped off his head when he falls asleep watching TV. Their happy prancing with the prize in their mouths or the inevitable tug of war over it brings it to my attention. Got a cat that likes to knock stuff off counters so I really have to be vigilant. Even so, I myself had dropped my stylus and it was just badly chewed up but I was oh so grateful it was not eaten.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I have been reading this thread tonight, sitting on the edge of my seat!!, I cannot believe dozer passed a sock!!!! Is he good now?.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online