URGENT!!! OMG. Bulldozer must have swallowed something

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh no!!! I'm going to be thinking of you all night ... Please god let it pass through!!! :crying:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Thank you for the update! I hope he can pass it with no dangerous side effects! I will be thinking and praying for you guys!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just logged in, tears at what all of you are going thru.

Will be praying all goes well, Dozey passes all the towels and no surgery
:pray:

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah I'm am so happy right now. I gave the stomach coating medication to Dozer, then after an hour gave him the first TBsp of the fibre food. The vet had also given him a laxative before we left. He looked like he needed to go outside, so I took him out just now, and he was looking for a place to poop, he seemed to be straining, and finally he passed quite a thick stool. It was dark outside, so I brought him inside, placed him in the crate for safety, and went outside with a bag, and picked up the poop. I placed it on a paper towel, and put plastic bags on my hands, and pulled the poop apart. No paper towel, but there was a grey Old Navy sweat sock that belonged to my Grandson. Yeah he passed it, and already seems better, I hope there isn't anything else in there, but the size of the sock, and the size of the shadow of the wad in the x-ray is about the same. Still going to watch him, and not feed him. I do have a follow- up vet appointment tomorrow, as she wanted us to bring him back to check on him. I'm going to get her to take another X-ray to make sure the shadow where the obstruction is showing is gone. I'll update everyone tomorrow, or if anything changes between then and now, but I hope and think he's passed everything. I'll let you know what the vet says tomorrow after I get back.

I want to thank everyone for their caring words, good thoughts, and prayers you sent Dozer, he heard them, and came through this. That's why I love this site, many good people, that listen to your worries, and lots of good advice . You Guys are all awesome. Dozer sends his love too.

Here are some pictures of the sock that Dozer passed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
thank you for the update, my thoughts and prayers will be with him ... hoping and praying for him to pass the paper without needing surgery.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Dear Lord these Bullies!!!! thank Goodness you seem to be on the right track. We went through the identical thing with Duke about a year and a half ago.. he was vomitting and the runs every 20 minutes.. went to ER vet gave him fluids and did xray and sent us home.. the same outcome the next morning Duke did poop out a huge toy!!

its scary.. just keep a close eye on him.. thank Goodness so far so good! its amazing with these guys will eat!!!!!!!!!!:*(

keep us posted..

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
oh awesome news!! I posted my message and your update was being posted at the same time, I'm so glad he was able to pass the sock and paper without needing surgery I will keep him in my prayers that all has passed and he will be just fine! thank you for giving the good news update. hugs

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys, I'm relieved, still going to the vet tomorrow, for the follow up check up, and to redo the X-ray to make sure there are no more obstructions, but like I said, the size of the sock is consistent with the size of the shadow on the X-ray, so hoping everything passed. Will check in tomorrow after the vet with an update, and let you know what she says. For now he seems very comfortable, just sleepy from all the medications. Will still watch him closely tonight, my husband nd works midnights from Sunday night to Thursday night, so he is off tonight, and since he's on that schedule, he will take the night shift to watch him, just in case, but I think he's out of the woods. Thank God.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Amazing what these guys can get down and all in one piece........ It looks like the worst is over and I'm sure you will see a clear x-ray tomorrow. Hope a good night's rest is in cards for all at your house.:2thumbs:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Yeah I'm am so happy right now. I gave the stomach coating medication to Dozer, then after an hour gave him the first TBsp of the fibre food. The vet had also given him a laxative before we left. He looked like he needed to go outside, so I took him out just now, and he was looking for a place to poop, he seemed to be straining, and finally he passed quite a thick stool. It was dark outside, so I brought him inside, placed him in the crate for safety, and went outside with a bag, and picked up the poop. I placed it on a paper towel, and put plastic bags on my hands, and pulled the poop apart. No paper towel, but there was a grey Old Navy sweat sock that belonged to my Grandson. Yeah he passed it, and already seems better, I hope there isn't anything else in there, but the size of the sock, and the size of the shadow of the wad in the x-ray is about the same. Still going to watch him, and not feed him. I do have a follow- up vet appointment tomorrow, as she wanted us to bring him back to check on him. I'm going to get her to take another X-ray to make sure the shadow where the obstruction is showing is gone. I'll update everyone tomorrow, or if anything changes between then and now, but I hope and think he's passed everything. I'll let you know what the vet says tomorrow after I get back.

I want to thank everyone for their caring words, good thoughts, and prayers you sent Dozer, he heard them, and came through this. That's why I love this site, many good people, that listen to your worries, and lots of good advice . You Guys are all awesome. Dozer sends his love too.

Here are some pictures of the sock that Dozer passed

Wholly chit so sorry I missed this earlier!! I'm so glad he's ok. What are the odds of this happening again to Dozer after just doing the article. I would like to update it with his information and the pictures if that's ok with you?

I can't believe that passed, he was VERY lucky!! Did you read the article yet?

Here is is. The Dangers When Dogs Swallow Foreign Objects

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi JeannieCo, yes I totally read the article as soon as you posted it, it was awesome, I think I posted a comment about it after I read it, I was showing it to my husband that you used my stories in your article. And yes you totally can use my new story to update your article, and the pictures too. I know what you mean, what are the odds, of him swallowing something again? I was out of the house yesterday, Blossom had surgery to correct her cherry eye, and we dropped her off at the vets at 8 am, then I did some banking, and went out with hubby for breakfast. When we came home my son was up, and had Dozer out in the living room. I guess he wasn't watching him the whole time. When I got home we totally spoiled Dozer, he had us all to himself, we went to Petsmart with him, he snuggled on the couch, and had all the toys to himself. We had a nice day. Then this morning, I fed them both , he ate normal, and went for their morning walk. Then the diarrhea and vomiting started at around 11:00 am. I'm so glad he was able to pass the obstruction, boy he loves eating socks, we're going to have to be way more careful with our socks from now on. The sock he ate this time was one of my 5 yer old grandsons socks.
oh and by the way, the pictures of your babies with Santa are awesome, soooo cute, love them.

Last edited:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: that's great I'm so glad he passed it an he didn't have to go under poor baby I know it had to hurt my husband's friends dog ate a sock an screamed all night an in the morning he. :poo: it out. My moms lab eats socks all the time an then throws them back up its so gross what is up with these dogs an loving socks franklin chews on my husbands stinky work socks. I'm just really glad he is ok fingers crossed he never has to go through that again

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Fabulous news! So glad to hear! Good job mamma for knowing something was bad and taking care of him.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh wow this is fantastic news. i was holding my breath reading the thread. im so glad he passed it and seems better. :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.