Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
OMG. Another vet visit is coming. Bulldozer had the diarrhea about 2 hours ago, we cleaned his crate, bathed him, and then I took him outside, he had a normal stool at first, then passed a really long poop, when I examined it, I found he had passed something white, it looked like either a piece of paper towel, or maybe a baby wipe. He seemed to be fine after that, and I thought after he passed the paper in his stool that he was ok. I was wrong, in the last hour, he has thrown up in his crate, all his kibble from this morning, and a lot of liquid. We cleaned it up, and he was drooling water from his mouth. There's obviously some kind of obstruction. I had him beside me on the couch, while hubby was cleaning his crate , and all of a sudden, he projectile vomited all over my lap, again kibble and liquid. I called the vet and we have an appointment for 2:00 , but I'm really worried, he keeps drooling water from his mouth. I think I'll try to go earlier and see if they can take him sooner . I'll keep you posted, hope he doesn't need surgery. Seriously stressing right now. Poor Dozey

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh no............hope the little guys ok , yes please keep us updated

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
your family and Dozer are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope everything will be alright, will keep an eye out for the update

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Sound like something is stuck! I hope he is ok please let us know!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh no yea i would go early to as the drooling and throwing up would bother me to. oh keep us updated will be praying for dozer. :pray:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hope it's nothing, but do let us know, it does sound a bit worrying. Healing thoughts!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope it's not too late to tell them to do a barium x ray if they are going to do one!! Hope everything is okay xx :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
no updates yet. gosh i hope all is ok. :pray: i know i know its not that long since 2.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Dozer is still not out of the woods , We took Dozer to the vet at 1:00, as he was drooling, water from his mouth and threw up again just before we left. The appt was for 2:00, but we took him early and she assessed him to see if he was in any immediate danger. She aid all his vitals were fine, temperature was fine, she felt his tummy and colon, and could feel a wad there, she wasn't sure if it was stool or the paper towel. She did an internal check of his butt, and asked us to take him for a walk to see if he would go poop again. We walked him outside and he pooped and passed another piece of the paper towel, I kept the poop and brought it into the vet for her to see. She agreed that it was a piece of paper towel. She wanted an x- ray to see exactly where the obstruction was. She said if its in the colon were ok, because he would pass it, but if its in the small intestine, then he may need surgery because it will swell up, damn that Bounty Quicker upper, why does it have to be so absorbent? She took an x- ray, and it shows a good size wad of the paper, and its partially in the colon, and partially in the small intestine. So where we are right now, is she says it can go either way, she gave him an hour of IV fluids, an injection for pain, and one to stop the vomiting . She also gave us some medicine to coat his stomach. We are on a watch him like a hawk and if anything changes were off to the Emergency hospital. She sent us home with a list of all the medications she had given him, the x-rays, and 3 cans of fibre food. She called us a few minutes ago, to see how he was doing, right now he's really sleepy from the medications, resting very comfortably beside me, and vomiting has stopped. She told me to give him the stomach coating medication and then wait about an hour, and feed him the fibre food, she wants to see if he keeps this down. If he doesn't then that's not a good sign, and we're off to the emerg hospital. I'm hoping he does keep it down, and that the fibre food is able to push the paper towel down into his colon, so he can pass it. We're really worried and keeping a close eye on him, I'm keeping him right beside me. Please pray for him, and hope he doesn't need surgery tonight. I'm freaking out at the thought of my baby having to be cut open.

I posted the pics of the X-ray, it shows where the wad is, but I don't know if its too dark to see on the picture , it's the long black shadow that you can see on the X-ray

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

I will keep everything crossed in the hope that he can pass it himself....:hug::hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.