Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: OMG. Bulldozer must have swallowed something

Amazing what these guys can get down and all in one piece........ It looks like the worst is over and I'm sure you will see a clear x-ray tomorrow. Hope a good night's rest is in cards for all at your house.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Yeah I'm am so happy right now. I gave the stomach coating medication to Dozer, then after an hour gave him the first TBsp of the fibre food. The vet had also given him a laxative before we left. He looked like he needed to go outside, so I took him out just now, and he was looking for a place to poop, he seemed to be straining, and finally he passed quite a thick stool. It was dark outside, so I brought him inside, placed him in the crate for safety, and went outside with a bag, and picked up the poop. I placed it on a paper towel, and put plastic bags on my hands, and pulled the poop apart. No paper towel, but there was a grey Old Navy sweat sock that belonged to my Grandson. Yeah he passed it, and already seems better, I hope there isn't anything else in there, but the size of the sock, and the size of the shadow of the wad in the x-ray is about the same. Still going to watch him, and not feed him. I do have a follow- up vet appointment tomorrow, as she wanted us to bring him back to check on him. I'm going to get her to take another X-ray to make sure the shadow where the obstruction is showing is gone. I'll update everyone tomorrow, or if anything changes between then and now, but I hope and think he's passed everything. I'll let you know what the vet says tomorrow after I get back.

I want to thank everyone for their caring words, good thoughts, and prayers you sent Dozer, he heard them, and came through this. That's why I love this site, many good people, that listen to your worries, and lots of good advice . You Guys are all awesome. Dozer sends his love too.

Here are some pictures of the sock that Dozer passed

Wholly chit so sorry I missed this earlier!! I'm so glad he's ok. What are the odds of this happening again to Dozer after just doing the article. I would like to update it with his information and the pictures if that's ok with you?

I can't believe that passed, he was VERY lucky!! Did you read the article yet?

Here is is. The Dangers When Dogs Swallow Foreign Objects
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi JeannieCo, yes I totally read the article as soon as you posted it, it was awesome, I think I posted a comment about it after I read it, I was showing it to my husband that you used my stories in your article. And yes you totally can use my new story to update your article, and the pictures too. I know what you mean, what are the odds, of him swallowing something again? I was out of the house yesterday, Blossom had surgery to correct her cherry eye, and we dropped her off at the vets at 8 am, then I did some banking, and went out with hubby for breakfast. When we came home my son was up, and had Dozer out in the living room. I guess he wasn't watching him the whole time. When I got home we totally spoiled Dozer, he had us all to himself, we went to Petsmart with him, he snuggled on the couch, and had all the toys to himself. We had a nice day. Then this morning, I fed them both , he ate normal, and went for their morning walk. Then the diarrhea and vomiting started at around 11:00 am. I'm so glad he was able to pass the obstruction, boy he loves eating socks, we're going to have to be way more careful with our socks from now on. The sock he ate this time was one of my 5 yer old grandsons socks.
    oh and by the way, the pictures of your babies with Santa are awesome, soooo cute, love them.
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 11-10-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

that's great I'm so glad he passed it an he didn't have to go under poor baby I know it had to hurt my husband's friends dog ate a sock an screamed all night an in the morning he. it out. My moms lab eats socks all the time an then throws them back up its so gross what is up with these dogs an loving socks franklin chews on my husbands stinky work socks. I'm just really glad he is ok fingers crossed he never has to go through that again

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Fabulous news! So glad to hear! Good job mamma for knowing something was bad and taking care of him.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh wow this is fantastic news. i was holding my breath reading the thread. im so glad he passed it and seems better.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Great to hear Dozer is doing fine! That must of been scary!

Lucy-licious

What wonderful news to wake up to

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hey everyone, just a morning update on Dozer. I woke up this morning at 6:00 am and took the two out for their duties, Dozer was much more energetic, and more himself this morning. He was jumping up on me, and chased the cat, I never thought I'd be happy to see him being spazzy again. Definitely, Glad to have my crazy , rangy guy back. I got lots of kisses this morning too. I didn't feed him too much this morning though, I only gave him 1/3 of a cup, instead of his usual 1 and 1/2 cups, and I mixed it with a Tbsp of the fibre food, I don't want to over tax his tummy, he may be sore or tender after passing that sock, plus I wanted to see if he would keep it down. We were very lucky, the vet said yesterday, when we thought it was paper towel, that if it was in the colon it would pass, but if it was in the small intestine, then he would need surgery. The X-ray showed that it was partially in the small intestine, and at the beginning of the colon. It could have gone either way. The vet gave him pain meds, and a laxative, and sent him home with fibre dog food, I guess it was enough to loosen, and move it down, and the pain medication allowed him to pass it without too much discomfort. Thank God. He has eaten a sweet sock before , but he threw it up, I never knew he even had that in his stomach, he ate and acted normal. I think it was because the first time it was my husbands sweat sock, and being that it was an adults sock, it was too big to pass through the intestines. But this time it was my Grandsons' sock, and being a small child's ' sock, it was able to pass through to the small intestine, but then got stuck there. We are very lucky that he was able to pass it, and didn't need surgery. The vet was pretty sure when we went home yesterday , that we were going to end up at the emergency hospital , based on the way he was looking at her office, he just laid there, was in a lot of pain, throwing up, and drooling, he had no energy. She called the emergency hospital, to tell them that we may we coming, she gave us his X-rays to take with us, and sent us with a list of all the medications she had given him. He passed that sock at 8:30 pm last night , and has totally turned around. I'm still taking him to the vet this afternoon to follow up and make sure he's ok, but it looks like he's out of the woods.
    Thanks again everyone for all your prayers, good thoughts, and caring, it helped to sound off , through all the worrying, and I'm sure Dozer heard all your prayers for him too. Thank you

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Oh boy I missed this also! I am so happy he passed it and is feeling better! This is my everyday fear with both of my furbabies! They try to eat everything!

You are a great mama!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)