Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: OMG. Bulldozer must have swallowed something

no updates yet. gosh i hope all is ok. i know i know its not that long since 2.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Dozer is still not out of the woods , We took Dozer to the vet at 1:00, as he was drooling, water from his mouth and threw up again just before we left. The appt was for 2:00, but we took him early and she assessed him to see if he was in any immediate danger. She aid all his vitals were fine, temperature was fine, she felt his tummy and colon, and could feel a wad there, she wasn't sure if it was stool or the paper towel. She did an internal check of his butt, and asked us to take him for a walk to see if he would go poop again. We walked him outside and he pooped and passed another piece of the paper towel, I kept the poop and brought it into the vet for her to see. She agreed that it was a piece of paper towel. She wanted an x- ray to see exactly where the obstruction was. She said if its in the colon were ok, because he would pass it, but if its in the small intestine, then he may need surgery because it will swell up, damn that Bounty Quicker upper, why does it have to be so absorbent? She took an x- ray, and it shows a good size wad of the paper, and its partially in the colon, and partially in the small intestine. So where we are right now, is she says it can go either way, she gave him an hour of IV fluids, an injection for pain, and one to stop the vomiting . She also gave us some medicine to coat his stomach. We are on a watch him like a hawk and if anything changes were off to the Emergency hospital. She sent us home with a list of all the medications she had given him, the x-rays, and 3 cans of fibre food. She called us a few minutes ago, to see how he was doing, right now he's really sleepy from the medications, resting very comfortably beside me, and vomiting has stopped. She told me to give him the stomach coating medication and then wait about an hour, and feed him the fibre food, she wants to see if he keeps this down. If he doesn't then that's not a good sign, and we're off to the emerg hospital. I'm hoping he does keep it down, and that the fibre food is able to push the paper towel down into his colon, so he can pass it. We're really worried and keeping a close eye on him, I'm keeping him right beside me. Please pray for him, and hope he doesn't need surgery tonight. I'm freaking out at the thought of my baby having to be cut open.

I posted the pics of the X-ray, it shows where the wad is, but I don't know if its too dark to see on the picture , it's the long black shadow that you can see on the X-ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg  
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 11-10-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Lucy-licious

I will keep everything crossed in the hope that he can pass it himself....

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Oh no!!! I'm going to be thinking of you all night ... Please god let it pass through!!! :crying:

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for the update! I hope he can pass it with no dangerous side effects! I will be thinking and praying for you guys!

mabel lou

Awe prayers being said right now for all of you.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Just logged in, tears at what all of you are going thru.

Will be praying all goes well, Dozey passes all the towels and no surgery

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Yeah I'm am so happy right now. I gave the stomach coating medication to Dozer, then after an hour gave him the first TBsp of the fibre food. The vet had also given him a laxative before we left. He looked like he needed to go outside, so I took him out just now, and he was looking for a place to poop, he seemed to be straining, and finally he passed quite a thick stool. It was dark outside, so I brought him inside, placed him in the crate for safety, and went outside with a bag, and picked up the poop. I placed it on a paper towel, and put plastic bags on my hands, and pulled the poop apart. No paper towel, but there was a grey Old Navy sweat sock that belonged to my Grandson. Yeah he passed it, and already seems better, I hope there isn't anything else in there, but the size of the sock, and the size of the shadow of the wad in the x-ray is about the same. Still going to watch him, and not feed him. I do have a follow- up vet appointment tomorrow, as she wanted us to bring him back to check on him. I'm going to get her to take another X-ray to make sure the shadow where the obstruction is showing is gone. I'll update everyone tomorrow, or if anything changes between then and now, but I hope and think he's passed everything. I'll let you know what the vet says tomorrow after I get back.

I want to thank everyone for their caring words, good thoughts, and prayers you sent Dozer, he heard them, and came through this. That's why I love this site, many good people, that listen to your worries, and lots of good advice . You Guys are all awesome. Dozer sends his love too.

Here are some pictures of the sock that Dozer passed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg  
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 11-10-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

thank you for the update, my thoughts and prayers will be with him ... hoping and praying for him to pass the paper without needing surgery.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Dear Lord these Bullies!!!! thank Goodness you seem to be on the right track. We went through the identical thing with Duke about a year and a half ago.. he was vomitting and the runs every 20 minutes.. went to ER vet gave him fluids and did xray and sent us home.. the same outcome the next morning Duke did poop out a huge toy!!

its scary.. just keep a close eye on him.. thank Goodness so far so good! its amazing with these guys will eat!!!!!!!!!!

keep us posted..

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

oh awesome news!! I posted my message and your update was being posted at the same time, I'm so glad he was able to pass the sock and paper without needing surgery I will keep him in my prayers that all has passed and he will be just fine! thank you for giving the good news update. hugs
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys, I'm relieved, still going to the vet tomorrow, for the follow up check up, and to redo the X-ray to make sure there are no more obstructions, but like I said, the size of the sock is consistent with the size of the shadow on the X-ray, so hoping everything passed. Will check in tomorrow after the vet with an update, and let you know what she says. For now he seems very comfortable, just sleepy from all the medications. Will still watch him closely tonight, my husband nd works midnights from Sunday night to Thursday night, so he is off tonight, and since he's on that schedule, he will take the night shift to watch him, just in case, but I think he's out of the woods. Thank God.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads