Thread: low energy and water squinty eyes

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bufflyn
    Likes (Received)

Default low energy and water squinty eyes

Hi, i came home from work today and our bufflyn had one eye that was squinting and was watering way more then normal, i assumed she got somthing in it and tryed to clean it and wipe her folds clean. and then she hung out on the couch most of the night like she normally does, but she seems to have even less energy then normal, she ate her supper like normal but ever since she just seems restless and has very little energy and her one eye still seems to be bothering her. i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if it was anything i should be concerned about. i live in canada and a large snow storm just hit and its starting to actually get cold could this have anything to do with it? she hasnt been outside much but she would definatly not be use to this weather. any help would be great thanks

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: low energy and water squinty eyes

maybe she is catching a cold, or her eye is just irritated, keep an eye on her and if she doesnt perk up, or seems to get worse, you can always take her to the vet. hope she is ok, and maybe just tired, and in the morning will be back to herself. keep us posted. sending love and prayers for Bufflyn

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a scratch or ulcer... Squinting eye means eye pain.... Defiantly take her to the vet if she is still doing it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

It does sound like it could be a scratch. Eyes r not something to mess with. When Miila scratched her eye, the vet said they heal fast but can go bad even faster. Best to go in to be sure what you r dealing with.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jlj781 View Post
    Hi, i came home from work today and our bufflyn had one eye that was squinting and was watering way more then normal, i assumed she got somthing in it and tryed to clean it and wipe her folds clean. and then she hung out on the couch most of the night like she normally does, but she seems to have even less energy then normal, she ate her supper like normal but ever since she just seems restless and has very little energy and her one eye still seems to be bothering her. i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if it was anything i should be concerned about. i live in canada and a large snow storm just hit and its starting to actually get cold could this have anything to do with it? she hasnt been outside much but she would definatly not be use to this weather. any help would be great thanks

any update -- how is she today?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Tonka has scratched his eye several times in the past when we were figuring out his allergies. He would scratch around the eye and accidentally hit the cornea. He used squint his eye/close it and it would appear red and he would act very "poor" and tired like it was hurting him. I would say that's a likely possibility of what happened to your baby. We took Tonka to the vet and they put that stuff in the eye that causes a scratch to glow when you turn out the light so you can see if it's scratched. They gave us an antibiotic to put in it for a week or so. I would get it looked at, you don't want it to get infected or worse if it is a scratch! Hope it gets better!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bufflyn
    Likes (Received)

hey thanks for the help and info we took her to the vet and she got all checked out and got some eye drops and pills to try to help so now were waiting to see if it gets beter by the end of this week and sending pictures to the vet every day to see if its getting better. i guess it was a scratch she must have got too close to my parents cat when she was over there. this is the 2nd run in with a cat where the cat got the best of her eyes. hopefully it gets better soon and she can get back to looking like this-img-20120924-wa002-jpg thanks again

Remove Ads