Help Needed! low energy and water squinty eyes

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
Hi, i came home from work today and our bufflyn had one eye that was squinting and was watering way more then normal, i assumed she got somthing in it and tryed to clean it and wipe her folds clean. and then she hung out on the couch most of the night like she normally does, but she seems to have even less energy then normal, she ate her supper like normal but ever since she just seems restless and has very little energy and her one eye still seems to be bothering her. i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if it was anything i should be concerned about. i live in canada and a large snow storm just hit and its starting to actually get cold could this have anything to do with it? she hasnt been outside much but she would definatly not be use to this weather. any help would be great thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
maybe she is catching a cold, or her eye is just irritated, keep an eye on her and if she doesnt perk up, or seems to get worse, you can always take her to the vet. hope she is ok, and maybe just tired, and in the morning will be back to herself. keep us posted. sending love and prayers for Bufflyn

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like a scratch or ulcer... Squinting eye means eye pain.... Defiantly take her to the vet if she is still doing it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
It does sound like it could be a scratch. Eyes r not something to mess with. When Miila scratched her eye, the vet said they heal fast but can go bad even faster. Best to go in to be sure what you r dealing with.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi, i came home from work today and our bufflyn had one eye that was squinting and was watering way more then normal, i assumed she got somthing in it and tryed to clean it and wipe her folds clean. and then she hung out on the couch most of the night like she normally does, but she seems to have even less energy then normal, she ate her supper like normal but ever since she just seems restless and has very little energy and her one eye still seems to be bothering her. i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if it was anything i should be concerned about. i live in canada and a large snow storm just hit and its starting to actually get cold could this have anything to do with it? she hasnt been outside much but she would definatly not be use to this weather. any help would be great thanks

any update -- how is she today?

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka has scratched his eye several times in the past when we were figuring out his allergies. He would scratch around the eye and accidentally hit the cornea. He used squint his eye/close it and it would appear red and he would act very "poor" and tired like it was hurting him. I would say that's a likely possibility of what happened to your baby. We took Tonka to the vet and they put that stuff in the eye that causes a scratch to glow when you turn out the light so you can see if it's scratched. They gave us an antibiotic to put in it for a week or so. I would get it looked at, you don't want it to get infected or worse if it is a scratch! Hope it gets better!!!

OP
jlj781

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
hey thanks for the help and info we took her to the vet and she got all checked out and got some eye drops and pills to try to help so now were waiting to see if it gets beter by the end of this week and sending pictures to the vet every day to see if its getting better. i guess it was a scratch she must have got too close to my parents cat when she was over there. this is the 2nd run in with a cat where the cat got the best of her eyes. hopefully it gets better soon and she can get back to looking like this IMG-20120924-WA002.jpg thanks again

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online