Wierd Question, but a debate in our house.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Ever since the day we got Bella, we noticed she has an odd number of nipples. Ian goes as far as calling her "Niner" Anyway we were talking the other day and we don't know...should she have even numbers? Does it matter? and if so, is it 8 or 10? She is missing the center one, which would be next to the belly button. With Abby, I never noticed and now I can hardly see hers to count them. I know it is a weird question, but we were just curious.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
O is an oddy also. She has 9 and is also missing the one (when on her back) to the left of the belly button. I believe baby Echo is also a 9er.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
So I guess it would be considered normal, basically they don't have to come in pairs?

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'd say that it's not "uncommon". I laugh at Orion....I think it's cute. I thought it was very strange..then Echo was born. (I think it was Echo) He also was missing a nipple. I'll have to check Vegas to see what he's got.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Bear is missing one too, if on his back he is missing to the left of the belly button, i thought it odd but i suppose not. must be a bully trait :bully:

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear is missing one too, if on his back he is missing to the left of the belly button, i thought it odd but i suppose not. must be a bully trait :bully:

That is the same one Bella is missing, the one on the left. We tend to laugh it off and blame all of her health problems on the fact she is missing a ninnie. lol

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That is the same one Bella is missing, the one on the left. We tend to laugh it off and blame all of her health problems on the fact she is missing a ninnie. lol

And O. Same one. Weird!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All of mine are in order- but Molly had a dud when she had the pups. It was an empty teet, would get milk, but I think it was coming from the teet over.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
How many is normal? Are our babies missing one or do they have an extra?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
That's exactly what I wondered when I noticed Ida has an odd number. And I'm in Mich. so can't look to see what and where, I'm pretty sure her "odd" one is in the middle too. I don't think Gertie is an oddie, I think she's an even. I'll have to have my husband look tomorrow.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I can just see how that conversation will go..
Hi honey....hey do me a favor. Flip Gertie over and tell me how many nipples she has. Yeah, I know..but I need to let EBN know. So, tell me if she's an oddy or an eveny! Thanks babe!
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION]

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Just checked Vegas he is also a niner. He's missing the nipple to the right of the belly button.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Now I'm going to have to go count Linus and Baby T's nipples...well, maybe tomorrow :)

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I flipped Bertie over to do a count and she has 8 nipples, 4 on each side and a raised scar from her spay/hernia repair surgery.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.