Help Needed! Bald spot neck under chin.

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Hello all,

Does this look familiar to anyone? I noticed it a couple of days ago and it seems to have gotten bigger. Doesn't seem to bother her.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352501229.939629.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352501240.962792.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Does she wear her collar all the time? It could be an irritation from the buckle. Or could be a hit spot from allergies, hard to tell from the pic. If it keeps getting bigger, you may need to take her to the vet to get it scraped to rule of mange.

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
No collar. She actually wears her harness instead of collar. Will keep an eye on it and will google Mange. :-)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It looks like Dermatitis to me, sticky scaly scab around the bald spot? could be Staph too, if it smells bad?

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
No it looks dry. Definitely no smell or not sticky. I will try and get a better pic.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
is she itching a lot? Molly had scratched a raw spot on her neck due to stress, I had to use anti-fungal shampoo and keep it clean and dry and once I removed the stress she cleared right up.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Best to get a skin scraping. Takes a red hot minute at the vet and if its demodex mange; easily managed in the early stages. And very common. Very. Don't worry.

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
No doesn't see to bother her much. Will take her to the Vet Monday. Hopefully doesn't get worst by then.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus had something similar but in smaller bits! We did a skin scraping and he developed a staph infection on hives he had! he must have scratched them open...They gave us antibiotics and maloseb wash to use! Maloseb wash is great for bullies but you cant use it often only as needed every so often! I would do the scrape to rule out mange. please keep us posted :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is certainly a dermatitis of some sort, looks like a hot spot in the pics. Best to wash it with hybiclens or any anti bacterial soap, shave it, dry it out with malecetic, douxo, or even listerine. Top it with some sort of steroid like malecetic ultra, panalog or hydicortizone cream.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I realized that the bald spot started when I gave him the grizzly bear salmon oil. Seemed to be drying out and clearing up since I stopped giving it to him. I will give it a few more days and see if the hair starts growing back.

Has anyone experience allergy with the salmon oil?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I realized that the bald spot started when I gave him the grizzly bear salmon oil. Seemed to be drying out and clearing up since I stopped giving it to him. I will give it a few more days and see if the hair starts growing back.

Has anyone experience allergy with the salmon oil?

Banks has issue with salmon... she itches and licks at her paws. i think [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] .. Jake has issue too

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.