Help Needed! Bald spot neck under chin.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thanks for the heads up I started giving that to Bacon last night to help with his skin issues, I'll have to keep an eye on his coat.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: Yup! Jake had an immediate reaction when I tried NVI Salmon! He got pink all over his feet and bumps! Licking constantly..and that was only after 2 partial meals!

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Update on Bacon.
Went to the Vet and they confirmed that it is mange. Got a topical cream that we need to apply for four weeks.

Thanks everyone,

Bacon

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
Can you tell me the name of the cream they gave you. We have the mite problem and they are suggesting a more potent oral medicine daily?

Update on Bacon.
Went to the Vet and they confirmed that it is mange. Got a topical cream that we need to apply for four weeks.

Thanks everyone,

Bacon

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm not sure what the red spot is, but my female Blossom had an allergic reaction to Salmon oil, so I had to discontinue it.

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION], hopefully she is fully recovered. We are going to the vet this Thursday for a skin scrape too see if its gone.
She is also getting spayed and micro chipped.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Fingers crossed it has gone!!!

I know it's not relevant now .... but ... I have had no problem with salmon here, it's always been the chicken that I had to watch when Maggie was with us. With Linus and Daddy everything was fine. The I happened to switch our foster bully, Bella Bear, from Fromm Beef Frittata to Fromm Salmon and she lost clumps of hair on the top of her head!! We immediately switched back to the Beef and now have to wait for the hair to come back to experiment and see if it really is salmon. At the moment she has NOTHING but the beef, no treats or anything so that we can rule out whether it's salmon or not.

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Unfortunately the Mange is still there. Gave us more of the topical cream.

And she is in pain she keeps crying (making noises she never did before). The Vet said not to give her the pain meds until tomorrow but she looks like she needs something. She won't stay in one place not even for a minute and she would cry everytime she moves.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Unfortunately the Mange is still there. Gave us more of the topical cream.

And she is in pain she keeps crying (making noises she never did before). The Vet said not to give her the pain meds until tomorrow but she looks like she needs something. She won't stay in one place not even for a minute and she would cry everytime she moves.

poor little girl.... why no pain meds till tomorrow?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yes .... why no pain meds until tomorrow .... did they already give her some at the vets??

Members online

No members online now.