URGENT!!! Bleeding Butt

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
My 5 month old female is bleeding from her butt. Not a lot or anything, just every small drops. Anyone know anything about this before I take her to the vet????

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Is it when she has a bowel movement or is it coming from her female parts? At 5 months, she could be coming in season. If you are not sure, a trip to the vet would be warranted.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How is her poo? Is it well formed?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
Is it when she has a bowel movement or is it coming from her female parts? At 5 months, she could be coming in season. If you are not sure, a trip to the vet would be warranted.

I just saw it last night after she had a bowel movement I came to wipe her and saw blood on the tissue and then I looked at her butt and saw little bit of blood in her butt.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Has she been tested for parasites? It's not uncommon for a bit of bleeding if she has had diaherria..Often they get irritation. Being that she has very loose stools, which sounds like an abnormality for her, I would lean towards a vet visit. Make sure she hasn't injested something she shouldn't have and to set your mind at ease. I hope she feels better!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Seems to be a few of these lately. Hope it s nothing. I know red blood is usually from straining to poo but of course not always. Red is better than brown tho for sure.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I've never experienced that with mine, hope she is ok ... please keep us updated.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It could be from either constipation or diarrhea , both can cause the bowel or the bum area to be irritated, you could try some pure pumpkin. If it shows blood again, then I would take her to the vet to rule out anything serious. You could take a stool sample to the vet and have it checked as well.

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
Thank you all!!! Will keep I updated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
nothing to add .... just hoping it is nothing serious and will keep an eye out for an update

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
Hi all,

koko is doing better. I guess it was just the diarrhea that she had. Thank u all for the support n tips.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.