Help Needed! Peeing in her sleep!

WestminsterAbbey

Aug 30, 2012
Columbus, OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey and Oliver
I need some help! Last night I woke up with my entire leg wet. Abbey had peed in her sleep! She was still sound asleep in a big wet puddle. The only thing that has changed was that, during a gagging episode the 2 nights ago, I squirted some lemon juice in her mouth. She immedietely peed herself. But since then, she's been totally normal and going outside as always. Whenever she HAS had an accident in our bed, she usually tries to go to the edge of the bed and we just aren't picking up her signals. Could the lemon juice have caused a bladder infection or UTI? We have a dr appt on Monday to check her soft palette but, other than a rubber sheet, I'm not sure what to do.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?

:confused:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: when my husband an I first got together he had this dog that he rescued she was abandoned in a apartment for 2-3 months the only thing to eat was a box of ketchup & mustard she didn't know what anything was she didn't let him pet her with his hands she didn't know what that was she would only let him touch her with his feet only if he had socks on but she would pee in her sleep to the one time his mom was watching her an she peed in the bed right on his mom she was still sleeping she said it was weird she had to wake her up while she pee.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I need some help! Last night I woke up with my entire leg wet. Abbey had peed in her sleep! She was still sound asleep in a big wet puddle. The only thing that has changed was that, during a gagging episode the 2 nights ago, I squirted some lemon juice in her mouth. She immedietely peed herself. But since then, she's been totally normal and going outside as always. Whenever she HAS had an accident in our bed, she usually tries to go to the edge of the bed and we just aren't picking up her signals. Could the lemon juice have caused a bladder infection or UTI? We have a dr appt on Monday to check her soft palette but, other than a rubber sheet, I'm not sure what to do.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?

:confused:

If she does this again, I would read more into it. But if it just happens one time in bed I wouldn't worry yet, keep up posted as to what your vet says on Monday

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
hope all is well and it was just and accident but please let us know what your vet says on Monday.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
She's just a baby....probably a random occurrence. Bo peed in his sleep a couple of times as a pup. I thought I was going to have to take all the blankies out of his crate but it was just a random thing. I think he got to chasing bunnies in his sleep and got too excited and peed!

OP
WestminsterAbbey

WestminsterAbbey

Aug 30, 2012
Columbus, OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey and Oliver
Vet appt is today. I'm hoping she just had way too much water. After peeing in her sleepl, she went again outside before I left for work and when I got home I discovered that she had peed in her crate. That's a lotta pee!

She has been known to 'happy pee' so I'm starting to think it might be related to that.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online