Other My Blossom is going for surgery this morning to repair her cherry eye.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Blossom is going to the vet at 8:30 this morning, she's having surgery to repair her cherry eye. When she was 5 months old, she developed cherry eye in her right eye, so when she was 7 months old, we had her spayed, and at the same time fixed her eye. The vet did a beautiful job. Exactly a week after fixing her eye, the left one came out, we thought we were free and clear, but 4 months after the right eye came out, the left one also came out. I wish they had both been done at the same time, so she wouldn't have to go under anesthetic again, but I trust my vet, she has been doing cherry eye surgeries for about 24 years, and she has a technique that she uses to sew it back in, which she says she's had a good success rate with. She is also a bulldog owner, and she brings her 2 year old to work with her everyday. Wish my baby luck, and pray that her surgery goes well. The only good thing about it being eye surgery, is she isn't being cut open, and its not a invasive surgery. I know she'll be fine, she's young and healthy, and in good hands, I will just worry though until I know she's out of surgery, and the anesthetic . She's not a happy girl this morning, because she's not allowed to eat her breakfast. No food after 8 pm last night. I usually feed both my puppies at 7 am, but I will wait until I drop her off at the vets before I feed Bulldozer. I don't want her to feel left out, she gets so frantic for her food, so if I feed Dozer , and not her, then she will get all upset, and I want her to be calm before her surgery. Dozer can wait until I get back to eat, he doesn't care either way, he's so laid back, he'll just sleep till we get back lol. I'm lucky my vet is literally a 2 minute drive, or a 10 min walk up the street, it's very close. Dozer is going to be happy today, he gets to be the only fur baby, and get all the attention for himself, while his sister is at the vets.

L

Lucy-licious

Billy has very recently had his 3rd eyelids removed...our vet said he could do simple repairs...the stitching in etc, but Cherry eyes stretch the ligaments that fix the third eyelid in place...once stretched they don't ever shrink back. He said simple repairs 9 out if 10 times fail and the only way to ensure it doesn't reoccur is to remove the third lid. Billy now has the most beautiful eyes :love:
Though more expensive it has probably saved us money on further repairs down the line when stress makes it pop again.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Blossom is going to the vet at 8:30 this morning, she's having surgery to repair her cherry eye. When she was 5 months old, she developed cherry eye in her right eye, so when she was 7 months old, we had her spayed, and at the same time fixed her eye. The vet did a beautiful job. Exactly a week after fixing her eye, the left one came out, we thought we were free and clear, but 4 months after the right eye came out, the left one also came out. I wish they had both been done at the same time, so she wouldn't have to go under anesthetic again, but I trust my vet, she has been doing cherry eye surgeries for about 24 years, and she has a technique that she uses to sew it back in, which she says she's had a good success rate with. She is also a bulldog owner, and she brings her 2 year old to work with her everyday. Wish my baby luck, and pray that her surgery goes well. The only good thing about it being eye surgery, is she isn't being cut open, and its not a invasive surgery. I know she'll be fine, she's young and healthy, and in good hands, I will just worry though until I know she's out of surgery, and the anesthetic . She's not a happy girl this morning, because she's not allowed to eat her breakfast. No food after 8 pm last night. I usually feed both my puppies at 7 am, but I will wait until I drop her off at the vets before I feed Bulldozer. I don't want her to feel left out, she gets so frantic for her food, so if I feed Dozer , and not her, then she will get all upset, and I want her to be calm before her surgery. Dozer can wait until I get back to eat, he doesn't care either way, he's so laid back, he'll just sleep till we get back lol. I'm lucky my vet is literally a 2 minute drive, or a 10 min walk up the street, it's very close. Dozer is going to be happy today, he gets to be the only fur baby, and get all the attention for himself, while his sister is at the vets.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]
  • jpg.gif
    image.jpg (94.2 KB)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 140
OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks, I'm sure she will too, then both her eyes will be beautiful again, at least it's not an invasive surgery. I'll post after pictures later.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Prayers and positive thoughts for Blossom! She will do great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So we dropped Blossom off at the vet this morning, she had her surgery, and she will come home tonight at 7:00. Bulldozer has been soaking up all the attention , snuggling with mama, playing with all the toys, Blossom usually steals them all from him and hogs them , she doesn't like to share. Last night they were laying on their pillows in the living room , there were 3 of their favourite toys on the carpet, a Kong bone, a huge Nylabone, and a squeaky toy. Dozer had the Nylabone, Blossom grabbed it away , so my laid back Dozey, went on to the Kong bone, Blossom grabbed it away, and paced it under her body, so again Dozer doesn't care, he takes the squeaky toy, and again she pounces on him and grabs the toy, and lies on it , then goes back to chewing the Nylabone. Poor Dozer he didn't get any toys. Blossom is such a bully. But today while Blossom is at the vet, he has all the toys to himself. Lol. He had a snack with Mommy of plain yogurt with strawberries, he went for a nice long walk, and to his favourite store Petsmart. He loves the car, and now he's so tired , he's sleeping. He says when is Blossom coming home?? Lol.Select All Selected Attachments: Insert Inline (1) Done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
Good thought and prayers for Blossom! I'm sure she will be happy to be back home with her mom and brother! Hugs and kisses for a quick recovery to the little baby!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How's she doing? Is she out of surgery yet?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope all is well.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's just after 7 here. Anxious to see how Blossom is doing

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, just an update on Blossoms' surgery. We brought her home about a half an hour ago, she did very well during the surgery, the eye is repaired, but very swollen. The vet said the left eye was much more severe than the first eye, the cherry eye was bigger, so she said she would have a little more swelling in that eye , than she had in the left eye. But she said she's confident the outcome is going to be good. The left eye was done almost 2 months ago, and has healed well, we got a good result. Hoping for the same for the right eye. She is whining a lot, but vet says she's not in any pain, she had a shot before she left, and pain medication. She's just being sucky, and wants to cuddle with mommy. Going to give her extra TLC and love, and let her sleep with us tonight. She peed outside before we came in the house, but then she went over to her pillow and peed on it, she's had a lot of fluids in her IV, and she's on medication, so a little drowsy, so I figure that's why she had an accident. No big deal, pillows can be washed , poor baby.

The first picture is of her eye this morning before surgery, the second and third picture is of her eye tonight after her surgery, cherry eye fixed, but eye is swollen, the vet says this could take a few weeks to go down. She has eye drops and cream. We have a follow up appointment on Monday to check her eye.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes for Blossom today, you guys are Awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
great, she's gonna do just fine. Good mum

:flower:

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sorry the pictures are out of order, the first and third are post op, and the second picture was before the surgery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online