Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Blossom is going for surgery this morning to repair her cherry eye.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My Blossom is going for surgery this morning to repair her cherry eye.

Hi everyone, just an update on Blossoms' surgery. We brought her home about a half an hour ago, she did very well during the surgery, the eye is repaired, but very swollen. The vet said the left eye was much more severe than the first eye, the cherry eye was bigger, so she said she would have a little more swelling in that eye , than she had in the left eye. But she said she's confident the outcome is going to be good. The left eye was done almost 2 months ago, and has healed well, we got a good result. Hoping for the same for the right eye. She is whining a lot, but vet says she's not in any pain, she had a shot before she left, and pain medication. She's just being sucky, and wants to cuddle with mommy. Going to give her extra TLC and love, and let her sleep with us tonight. She peed outside before we came in the house, but then she went over to her pillow and peed on it, she's had a lot of fluids in her IV, and she's on medication, so a little drowsy, so I figure that's why she had an accident. No big deal, pillows can be washed , poor baby.

The first picture is of her eye this morning before surgery, the second and third picture is of her eye tonight after her surgery, cherry eye fixed, but eye is swollen, the vet says this could take a few weeks to go down. She has eye drops and cream. We have a follow up appointment on Monday to check her eye.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes for Blossom today, you guys are Awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg  
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 11-09-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My Blossom is going for surgery this morning to repair her cherry eye.

great, she's gonna do just fine. Good mum

Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Sorry the pictures are out of order, the first and third are post op, and the second picture was before the surgery.

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

so glad she is home and doing good, give her lots of snuggles. thanks for the update
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the update. Glad she's home with you so she can be spoiled. Please give her a hug and kiss for us. Going to pray for a speedy recovery.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone, she's a sleepy little girl tonight, just wants to sleep beside me. Thanks for all the love.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Know it's been a stressful time and now I hope it's all about the healing from this point on. My boy bullie had this done and his sister had cherry eye surgery twice on the same eye because the first vet didn't do a good job. His sister has since passed but Wilson has not had his cherry eye come back since his surgery four years ago. I do have to put an ointment (Optimmune) frequently in that eye as he has had a couple of ulcers in that eye as well. Glad to hear you have an experienced vet so everything should be fine. I enjoyed your story of Dozer getting to enjoy his one on one time with you and how he got to enjoy all the toys. Thanks for sharing!
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, and thanks for all the good thoughts and love sent our way. Im hoping it heals well, and her eyes don't give her too much troubles. I've noticed the other eye that was fixed 2 months ago, has healed nicely, but every once in a while it still gets goopy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads