Help Needed! Eye problem

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
Hi guys,

I have a three month puppy, he waked up two minutes ago, and I found it showed little pink in his eye with some tears. is that normal? should I take him to see the vet? I will post some pics.

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
Here are some pics. I saw his red eye (only left eye, same situation for today) once before when he exhaust and prepare to sleep. is it a big issue? issue.jpgissue2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpg
    IMG_1839.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1842.jpg
    IMG_1842.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 131

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It depends, it could be a allergy ? What kind of food are you feeding him? It could just be an irritation, did you check to see if he has anything in his eye, hair? Or it could be the start of cherry eye, my female Blossom had teary eyes it seems from the day I got her. At 5 months old she developed cherry eye, and we fixed it at the same time as we spayed her at 7 months old. If it isn't allergy related, then a vet check wouldn't hurt to rule out anything else. Hopefully she doesn't develop cherry eye.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh , now that I actually saw the pictures, that is definitely cherry eye. It can be fixed, ask your vet. But don't rush to fix it yet, because she is only 3 months old. I fixed Blossoms eye when she was 7 months old when she was spayed. I thought she was free and clear for her other eye, but the other one came out 3 months after the first one. She is having surgery, on Fri Nov 9 th to have it repaired. Here is a picture of Blossoms eye.image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
It depends, it could be a allergy ? What kind of food are you feeding him? It could just be an irritation, did you check to see if he has anything in his eye, hair? Or it could be the start of cherry eye, my female Blossom had teary eyes it seems from the day I got her. At 5 months old she developed cherry eye, and we fixed it at the same time as we spayed her at 7 months old. If it isn't allergy related, then a vet check wouldn't hurt to rule out anything else. Hopefully she doesn't develop cherry eye.
He had Natural Balance Ultra Premium Formula right now. Could I use eye drop? I do not know whether it is cherry eye or not, we just visit vet last week, and she said my puppy is in a great condition.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I used refresh eye drops on her eye just to keep it moist, and the vet said that was ok to use. There is a good article on cherry eye on this website, you should read it.

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
I used refresh eye drops on her eye just to keep it moist, and the vet said that was ok to use. There is a good article on cherry eye on this website, you should read it.

Thanks a lot!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: it looks like cherry eye to me Franklin gets a red eye but it doesn't have that bump that's cherry eye IMAG0801.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It is cherry eye, there is a youtube video on how to message it back in, some times they will stay and sometimes they will pop back out. Try messaging it back in, if it stays for awhile then you can prolong the surgery. But like [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] said don't do the surgery now, wait till he gets older.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
This just recently started happening with Abby. I've been able to massage it back in and she is good for a few days.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I hate seeing poor babies with cherry eye :( if it doesn't get better n you opt for surgical repair do some research on tucking vs removal!!!! We had Porkys removed n her eyes r perfectly normal (they r actually still watery) with tucking or stitching as some say is just putting a few stitches in the prevent it from coming back n from what I've heard it usually only lasts a few months :(!!!!! When we had Porkys removed there was no recovery or post surgical care for her eyes :) she did great n now has her big beautiful puppy dog eyes back no more cherry eyes ;) Good luck with your baby

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.