Help Needed! Bully ate Mushrooms in the Yard and Kidneys are failing ...any been through this HELP PLEASE

A

Alaskasmom1

My sons kidneys failed in Feb. 2012 and we are currently awaiting a transplant. The above post is correct. Son had kidney disease since he was 16 yrs old but maintained until now, age 33.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Does anyone enjoy this like I do? I love it when someone posts a 911 thing --- gets us all worried and stuff --- and then disappears... THANK YOU! THIS WAS GREAT!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Does anyone enjoy this like I do? I love it when someone posts a 911 thing --- gets us all worried and stuff --- and then disappears... THANK YOU! THIS WAS GREAT!
She posted this on our Facebook side and I asked her to come here and post over here. It could be that she's busy and hasn't had a chance to get back?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I sent her a message on her FB page to let her know we were concerned and to let us know how the bully is. Hopefully she responds back soon.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is so sad .... I'm really hoping the bully pulled through and will be looking for updates!! :crying:

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
People have many reasons why they respond now or later. It is NOT our job as members to judge or belittle anyone for how they act on these forums.

As for me I wish nothing but the best for both the bully and the owners but I will not criticise a member for not responding to how others see fit.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just heard from Donna. She has left a message for her friend but her friend hasn't gotten back to her yet. She was with her earlier and her friend was taking Tanka into the vet and they were putting her on an IV today - that's all she knows right now. Donna is still waiting to hear back from her but always is aware of that her friend has a lot going on right now. Donna was reaching out for anything that might help her friend. I'm sure it was not her intention not to come back and give an update.

Last edited:

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
I just heard from Donna. She has left a message for her friend but her friend hasn't gotten back to her yet. She was with her earlier and her friend was taking Tanka into the vet and they were putting her on an IV today - that's all she knows right now. Donna is still waiting to hear back from her but always is aware of that her friend has a lot going on right now. Donna was reaching out for anything that might help her friend. I'm sure it was not her intention not to come back and give an update.

Thanks you. Glad to see the health of their pet is much more important then keeping a forum well informed.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Donna heard back from her friend and sent me this.
...she is doing a little better today the IV's are getting her flud so she doesn't vomit it back up...she has been moving around a litttle today..she has a way to go before she is out of the woods..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
People have many reasons why they respond now or later. It is NOT our job as members to judge or belittle anyone for how they act on these forums.

As for me I wish nothing but the best for both the bully and the owners but I will not criticise a member for not responding to how others see fit.

As frustrated as I know many of you get when members post for pleas of help and then disappear, I have to agree with Heff here.

Since we have no idea what is going on, you can only assume they forgot, got busy with more important life matters, or are caring for their sick bulldog, and maybe got help from another forum or friend....

All we can do is hope they did get the help they needed when they were here, and that their bulldog made it through okay.

As much as I wish each and every member who ever posted on EBN stayed, it is just not going to happen. I am just proud of all of you who do help out these bulldogs almost daily, (even knowing they may never come back). Or you may have just met one of your future closest friends. You just never know.

I am a forum owner and I have posted on other forums before (not bulldog ones) asking a question and oooops forgot to ever come back and say thanks.... oopsie!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The poor thing still needs lots of prayers and positive vibes sent her way. I hope the outcome will be a good one.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
The poor thing still needs lots of prayers and positive vibes sent her way. I hope the outcome will be a good one.

I know from my own research that her outlook is positive. There is the possibility (and probability) of a full recovery if the kidneys failed due to an overdose or other accident. From the little she posted, they got immediate medical attention and that is the key to her success.

It won't be an easy road but the bumps will be bumps not craters and there is light at the end of her tunnel.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I know from my own research that her outlook is positive. There is the possibility (and probability) of a full recovery if the kidneys failed due to an overdose, long term toxins or other accident. From the little she posted, they got immediate medical attention and that is the key to her success.

It won't be an easy road but the bumps will be bumps not craters and there is light at the end of her tunnel.

So reassuring to hear that Bev. She will be in our prayers xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
From the quote that Jeannieco posted it looks promising!!!! :begging:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.