Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has experiEnce with entropian?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Who has experiEnce with entropian?

no sorry, i dont. but if you need to know about cherry eye, i can tell you all about it. Blossom has had both eyes operated on for cherry eye.

Wrinkle Wiper Einstein the Great's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Einstein
    Likes (Received)

Einstein got it right before he turned 3. He first started squinting a lot. He started producing a lot of eye discharge and his eye got red. The vet said there was an ulcer forming on his one eye so he needed the surgery pronto. Our vet did both eyes because his other eyelid rolled up also. The next day I took him in and got to pick him up that evening. He had stitches on the lower lid and we had drops we had to use a couple times a day. A week later he got his stitches out and we haven't had any problems since. It hasn't been quite a year since he had it done. It ended up costing $1,000 for both eyes if I recall correctly. He had problems after he turned a year and the vet gave us drops and had us periodically pull down on his cheeks to see if maybe his eyelids would roll down on their own but inevitably he had to have the surgery. Good luck!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Something ... thankfully ... I haven't had to experience, but I'm glad you've got plenty of advice about this!!!

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Mr. Wilson had it done before he was a year old if I remember correctly. It's been over three years ago. He first had cherry eye on his right eye which was corrected with surgery (tack method) but later developed a severe ulcer on it and they sewed his eye shut for a couple of weeks. It did heal and they removed the stitches. Later he developed another ulcer but this time they said it was probably because of his lashes so he had Entropian surgery done on both eyes. All is well except the right eye needs Optimmune on a daily basis and the other eye I just occasionally use moisturizing eye drops if his allergies act up. Other than having to put up with the darn "cone" I don't recall any other issues stemming from that. I believe it was $800+
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads