wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Came home from work today and took Guinness out of the crate and when I pat the back of his head my hand was covered in blood. The whole back of his head was all stained red. Called the vet and they were nice enough to stay open for me (for a fee of course) so I didn't have to bring him to regional ER vet. The Dr said it was a hot spot and probably started small and he began to scratch all day in his crate and eventually the irritation spread all over. He was given a steroid shot which contained a mix of multiple steroids, the granadilla for pain and to help lessen the irritation and also 15 days of pregnazone. Hopefully he makes out ok and stops itching and this gets better. I love this dog more then anything but if its not one thing it's another with him and the vet. I'm just venting.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
poor Guinness hope the medication helps, how scary for you to see your baby bloody ... hang in there!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Augh, so sorry you are going through this. This reminds me of when out of nowhere my new kitty developed conjunctivitis. Scared the crap right out of me... Hang in there and keep us updated?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's ok to vent, better to share than to keep it to yourself. Hope all that knock's it out of him. Bad year for hot spots all around

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sorry to hear about Guiness , hope he gets better soon. What is with Bulldogs and Vets, seems we're there all the time.

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] just cleared up a terrible hotspot on Sarah..I'm sure she'll have a little advise on ways you can help it heal quicker.

Give Guinness a smooch for me please xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sorry to hear about the hotspot... darn allergies! You can clean it with Listerine to keep it dry and that will help clear it up too. did the vet shave the area?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
So sorry to hear about Guinness. I hope he gets better soon!

EBN is here for us all to vent about our weekly (and sometimes daily) vet visits :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw poor thing. ive been through several hot spots with sarah this summer where ive never had to deal with them before. the vet gave you meds and thats great. did they shave the area? you can use douxo pads on it if you have them and if you dont id get some they are wonderful, or if not hibiclenz can be gotten at the local drug store to wash it in. you can also put some hydrocortisone cream on the area as its probably itchy as it heals as sarahs was but with prednisone you may not need it. also have you been feeding guinness anything different. face neck and front torso hot spots usually are food related i believe. so are there any new treats or food or meds like heartworm medicine or such he is getting. there is a sticky in the health section on this very subject called hot spots the bad and the ugly of it. good luck with poor guinness

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I hope it heals fast! I know the feeling, it's so frustrating when it feels like you are constantly dealing with something! Hang in there, it will get better :)

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Thanks everybody. He is doing fine now. He was prescribed some meds and steroids and his injuries have all healed up and scabbing is starting to fall off. Thanks for all the well wishes

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Thanks everybody. He is doing fine now. He was prescribed some meds and steroids and his injuries have all healed up and scabbing is starting to fall off. Thanks for all the well wishes

Glad to hear!!! That was a scary one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.