Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: calling all food experts!! :- )

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad you decided to stick with the food. IF it was an allergy to something in the food he would be getting the runs continuously not just occasionally. It has to be a reaction to something else. The bland diet for a few days may just give his system time to rest, that's all.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nugget
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: calling all food experts!! :- )

Hi Karen...I read all the posts here and just wanted to add that my dog is 5 years old as well. I have 2 dogs, a small one who is 14 and has been on a raw food diet for a few years now. He acts like a puppy and has no health problems for a dog his age. My bulldog, who is actually my daughters, but has been living with me since last April and will continue to live with me since she moved, has been on the raw food diet since July is doing great on it. Her coat is like silk and she is very healthy. When she poops, they are half the size of what she made on bagged food (blue wilderness salmon, which gave her horrible gas and loose poops) The poop on a raw diet actually turns white within a few days and disintegrates. (Which is kind of nice ). I am a true believer in the raw food diet and the benefits. Anything natural with no preservatives or chemicals is better for the dogs.You should check out the website fiestapetdeli.com the deli is owned by a vet and a nutritionist and they are extremely knowledgeable. Nugget doesn't shed as much and loves the food. No stinky gas either. I do add a nutritional powder for anything she may not be getting in the food. They customize the diet for whatever problems a dog has. My sons dog use to get bumps on his skin and hasn't had one since she's been on raw food which is also a few years. They also do not have to have all those shots each year. They don't need heart worm either. I give Nugget a quarter teaspoon of black walnut hull twice a week for heart worm and also for fleas and ticks, which she doesn't ever get. So I don't have to do any of those flea and tick preventions either. You should check it out for info. Most areas have these pet food delis popping up rapidly, so there could be one in your area. Just something to think about. Good luck!

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm in no way shape or form an expert on food so not going to even try and help ... but I did want to say, hope things get better and BTW he is so handsome!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Well, I am no expert on this one but I have had a few instances with the runs with Amber and the Great Danes. Runs and the Great Danes will make you lose it and years ago I had a vet (Doc Cooperchase from Grapeland Tx) that told me to give our oldest then Dane (Miss Tree) a Pepto Bismol tablet when she got the runs. Well, I tried it and it worked, the old girl lived to be almost 14 and our present Dane (Beast Dog) is 13 and I have used this method with her too. Amber had the runs a couple of times on me and I gave her a half of a tablet and it worked. I did make sure she wasn't running fever or anything else before I gave it to her; I might just be lucky but I keep pepto for those just in case moments. Good luck.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

i am with the same school of thought here.... stay on the bland with a little pumpkin.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads