Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 43

Thread: Please help bacon throwing up

  1. #1
    Kennel Cleaner Loves Bacon's Avatar
    Location
    California
    Posts
    89
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Please help bacon throwing up

    We had a family and we decided to bring bacon out towards the end. She was doing fine and we thought we were keeping an eye on her.
    But hen she started throwing up. It got worst and it looked like she threw up everything she ate plus a whole hotdog and a bunch of chicken which we were not aware of that she ate.
    She was throwing up so bad that she fell on her side while throwing up. It stopped but she is still gagging and we are all freaking out.
    Please advice on what we should do.

    Thank you in advance,

  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Please help bacon throwing up

    I'd go to the emergency vet or at least call them asap
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  3. #3
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Please help bacon throwing up

    Quote Originally Posted by Loves Bacon View Post
    We had a family and we decided to bring bacon out towards the end. She was doing fine and we thought we were keeping an eye on her.
    But hen she started throwing up. It got worst and it looked like she threw up everything she ate plus a whole hotdog and a bunch of chicken which we were not aware of that she ate.
    She was throwing up so bad that she fell on her side while throwing up. It stopped but she is still gagging and we are all freaking out.
    Please advice on what we should do.

    Thank you in advance,

    what is she doing now?
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  4. #4
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Please help bacon throwing up

    Emergency Vet!!!!.....
    THIS sounds urgent to me but if she got rid of everything in her stomach she may be ok. If she is still laying on her side she is in definate distress.

  5. #5
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Please help bacon throwing up

    Agreed with above!

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  6. #6
    Kennel Cleaner Loves Bacon's Avatar
    Location
    California
    Posts
    89
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    She stopped throwing up but she is just sitting there gagging none stop.
    Someone told us to force feed her milk which we tried but she threw that up too.

  7. #7
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Please help bacon throwing up

    Quote Originally Posted by Loves Bacon View Post
    She stopped throwing up but she is just sitting there gagging none stop.
    Someone told us to force feed her milk which we tried but she threw that up too.

    She needs a emergency vet, I have a bad feeling about this, maybe she is choking on chicken bones? or who knows what?
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  8. #8
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Please help bacon throwing up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    She needs a emergency vet, I have a bad feeling about this, maybe she is choking on chicken bones? or who knows what?

    Open up her mouth and look in there! hurry
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  9. #9
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Please help bacon throwing up

    I'm also worried that she has been gagging before this. There is always a chance she has ingested something that isn't food related and she needs to see a vet. I would insist on xrays and remember, sometimes obstructions don't show up right away. You need a good vet. Good luck and please let us know.

  10. #10
    Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bulldogs4me's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,928
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    17
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Please help bacon throwing up

    like the others have said, take her to the vet right away ... my thoughts are with your family and your precious Bacon, I hope everything turns out ok.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

  11. #11
    Kennel Cleaner Loves Bacon's Avatar
    Location
    California
    Posts
    89
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    She stopped her gagging after throwing up after we forced fed her some milk. She looks exhausted. She did throw up a whole lot. She seems fine now other than looking really tired. She went straight to bed (her crate) when we got home. My son and I are now sitting here watching her to make sure nothing else happens.

    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1352005147-745997-jpg

  12. #12
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Please help bacon throwing up

    Quote Originally Posted by Loves Bacon View Post
    She stopped her gagging after throwing up after we forced fed her some milk. She looks exhausted. She did throw up a whole lot. She seems fine now other than looking really tired. She went straight to bed (her crate) when we got home. My son and I are now sitting here watching her to make sure nothing else happens.

    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1352005147-745997-jpg

    oh the poor thing, I hope she's ok, please keep us posted. good night, i'm going to bed too
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •