cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=5763]Loves Bacon[/MENTION], good to hear your baby is looking okay today. Yes, we love our bullies here and only wants best for our friends on this forum. Bland diet is a great idea for the time being. At least she went potty and is drinking water. That's a good sign!:flower:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah I agree, bland is probably the better way to feed him for a day or two, just to make sure his stomach is settled. Just like children who have recovered from the flu, or a tummy ache, your not supposed to over tax or work their stomachs. Doctors recommend the BRAT diet after an illness to ease back into regular food, BRAT stands for Banana, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast, these are bland foods, easy on the stomach and easy to digest. What we tend to do for ourselves and children can most of the time be applied to the puppies too. His little tummy was upset, and probably irritated from the vomiting and human food, so a few days on a bland diet wouldn't hurt. Hope he feels better soon. You must have been so scared, glad everything is ok. :happy2:

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
She ate some rice earlier and seem to have her appetite. We only fed her a cup an she did look at us like "this is it?". But we don't want to shock her stomach. Going to groceries now to get some banana and applesauce.
We were so scared specially my wife. Last time we felt like that was when we had to rush one of our children to the hospital during an asthma attack.
I was telling my brother, I never imagined that I would be this attached to anything other than my immediate family. But I guess everyone is right, we just love our bullies.

L

Lucy-licious

I was telling my brother, I never imagined that I would be this attached to anything other than my immediate family. But I guess everyone is right, we just love our bullies.

but that's just it....She IS part of your immediate family, she's your fur baby and has her place in your heart too. Enjoy :love:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am just so happy to hear that everything is ok. I totally agree on the bland diet ......... white rice and a little cooked chicken or a little cooked hamburger meat. I would stay away from the apple sauce and the banana.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Glad to hear everything is ok with Bacon. They are such silly pups, eating everything, like they are Hoovers, they don't know that it bad for them. :droolers: My 2 must think they are billy goats, they eat everything in sight. Lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So glad to see that she's feeling better. I think I would have still taken her in or called the vet but that's just me. Could be that the spices in the chicken fajitas made her sick?? They sure touch our hearts don't they. :heart:

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm glad she is doing okay! I think she just ate too much, probably gobbled it down without chewing, too! My pup will also fall over when vomiting. The first time it happened freaked me out, but we now know to expect it. The vet says it is an anxiety reflex and didn't seem overly concerned, as long as there are no lingering effects.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=5763]Loves Bacon[/MENTION] Don't know how I missed this, but glad your baby is doing better. Hotdogs are very dangerous for bullies as a chocking hazard. So if you have kids, tell them NO TABLE FOOD!, especially hot dogs, raisins, grapes, and onions.

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Update on Bacon

Had her in bland diet Sunday and yesterday morning. She had her regular food and bland diet last nigh (50/50) and everything is fine. She is definitely back to her old self yesterday.

We definitely learned out lesson not to take her out of our site not even for just a second. She is usually attached to my hip and now we know that when she is not she is up to no good.

Thanks everyone for the support and concern. We very much appreciate it.

Most Reactions