URGENT!!! Please help bacon throwing up

L

Lucy-licious

:butterfly: I'm thinking he ate to many different things being so young to much food will make them throw up but him falling over while he's doing it scares me I hope he's ok I hope he feels better soon

There have been a couple of occasions where members have reported their dog falling over quite stiff just after vomiting, but then being fine after a few seconds. Must be quite a scary experience. I'm nit sure if anyone ever ran it past a vet but general thoughts were that the vomiting temporarily occluded the airway causing a fainting episode :eek:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think a vet check is still warranted even if she seems ok now. Aspiration Pneumonia could happen from whatever was causing the throwing up in the first place I believe.
Better safe than sorry.

L

Lucy-licious

I think a vet check is still warranted even if she seems ok now. Aspiration Pneumonia could happen from whatever was causing the throwing up in the first place I believe.
Better safe than sorry.

Having vomited so much and then continuing to gag for a while afterwards I would be worried about this also...a quick check at the vets would be my advise too...always better to be safe than sorry xx

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh i wish they would update us on bacon. yes please take her to the vet and get it checked. ya never know.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I really do think you need a vet visit. If he threw up things that you didn't know he'd eaten then he could also have consumed other stuff. These puppies are very very sneaky!! It will also put your mind at rest. And I agree with Lari about the possibility of aspirated pneumonia if he was force fed milk.

Whilst on the subject of force feeding milk ..................... :wow: AND :wtf:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
How is Bacon doing today?

Never, ever, give your bully, or anyone for that matter, liquids or food while they are choking or have been vomiting. VERY DANGEROUS. They can aspirate the substance into their lungs and this can lead to very dire consequences, even death. I just wanted to stress that tho I know you thought you were trying to help your little Bacon.

Please keep us updated on her progress!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
She stopped her gagging after throwing up after we forced fed her some milk. She looks exhausted. She did throw up a whole lot. She seems fine now other than looking really tired. She went straight to bed (her crate) when we got home. My son and I are now sitting here watching her to make sure nothing else happens.

View attachment 30078
I don't know how else to say this, but you really need to get her to the VET ASAP. Not sure who told you to force feed her milk but that was a very bad idea IMO! Too late now though. If she has swallowed a foreign object she has an obstruction. Not sure what started her throwing up initially but please please get her to the vet if you haven't already! The forced milk (liquid) could do more harm now.

Please keep us posted!!!!

Last edited:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I really hope all is ok.. I would take her to the vet asap ( regardless of how she is now ) :pray: please please update us

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thanks everyone for the concern. This is just one of the many reason why I love EBN. I've been checking up on Bacon all night and everything seems normal.
I don't think she ate bones or anything other than the chicken and hotdog. The chicken was boneless fajita. We took her out this morning and she went to pee and drank water after.
My question is should we feed her like normal or should we put her on a bland diet before going back to her food so that we don't upset her stomach.

L

Lucy-licious

I would give bland for a day or so just to let her tummy settle....did she ho poop yet?

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Also looking around now to see if there is any weekend vet we can possibly take her to.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.