URGENT!!! Please help bacon throwing up

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We had a family and we decided to bring bacon out towards the end. She was doing fine and we thought we were keeping an eye on her.
But hen she started throwing up. It got worst and it looked like she threw up everything she ate plus a whole hotdog and a bunch of chicken which we were not aware of that she ate.
She was throwing up so bad that she fell on her side while throwing up. It stopped but she is still gagging and we are all freaking out.
Please advice on what we should do.

Thank you in advance,

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'd go to the emergency vet or at least call them asap

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We had a family and we decided to bring bacon out towards the end. She was doing fine and we thought we were keeping an eye on her.
But hen she started throwing up. It got worst and it looked like she threw up everything she ate plus a whole hotdog and a bunch of chicken which we were not aware of that she ate.
She was throwing up so bad that she fell on her side while throwing up. It stopped but she is still gagging and we are all freaking out.
Please advice on what we should do.

Thank you in advance,

what is she doing now?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Emergency Vet!!!!.....
THIS sounds urgent to me but if she got rid of everything in her stomach she may be ok. If she is still laying on her side she is in definate distress.

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
She stopped throwing up but she is just sitting there gagging none stop.
Someone told us to force feed her milk which we tried but she threw that up too.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She stopped throwing up but she is just sitting there gagging none stop.
Someone told us to force feed her milk which we tried but she threw that up too.

She needs a emergency vet, I have a bad feeling about this, maybe she is choking on chicken bones? or who knows what?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She needs a emergency vet, I have a bad feeling about this, maybe she is choking on chicken bones? or who knows what?

Open up her mouth and look in there! hurry

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm also worried that she has been gagging before this. There is always a chance she has ingested something that isn't food related and she needs to see a vet. I would insist on xrays and remember, sometimes obstructions don't show up right away. You need a good vet. Good luck and please let us know.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
like the others have said, take her to the vet right away ... my thoughts are with your family and your precious Bacon, I hope everything turns out ok.

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
She stopped her gagging after throwing up after we forced fed her some milk. She looks exhausted. She did throw up a whole lot. She seems fine now other than looking really tired. She went straight to bed (her crate) when we got home. My son and I are now sitting here watching her to make sure nothing else happens.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352005147.745997.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She stopped her gagging after throwing up after we forced fed her some milk. She looks exhausted. She did throw up a whole lot. She seems fine now other than looking really tired. She went straight to bed (her crate) when we got home. My son and I are now sitting here watching her to make sure nothing else happens.

View attachment 30078

oh the poor thing, I hope she's ok, please keep us posted. good night, i'm going to bed too

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone above, a vet check is warranted in this case, like somebody else mentioned, he may have ingested bones from the chicken, or something else you may not have seen him eat. They are so quick. I would be cautious about forcing milk or anything else down his throat, because if he is gagging on something, or there is some kind of obstruction, it could make it worse. If nothing else a call to an emergency vet clinic can give you advice on what you should do. Hope Bacon is ok, and that he got everything up. Keep us posted. When Bulldozer swallowed a spare rib bone in the summer, he was gagging a little when it went down, then he seemed fine. In the morning he threw up , so I didn't feed him that morning in case there was an obstruction. I took him to the vet, and she took an x- ray, everything was ok, but she said the honey garlic on the spare rib, or the rib itself may have been to rich and upset his stomach. Maybe that's all that's wrong with Bacon, maybe he has an upset stomach from what he ate.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I'm thinking he ate to many different things being so young to much food will make them throw up but him falling over while he's doing it scares me I hope he's ok I hope he feels better soon

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online