Help Needed! I noticed this bald spot today

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I was giving Vegas his bath and I noticed he has a bald spot, about the size of a quarter on his top right hip, there is a yellow crusty scab on the edge, one tiny sore. Anyone else experienced this? I will be taking him Monday to the vet for a scraping. I have not noticed any itching. I don't know how in the world I missed this!!!!

SAM_2693.jpg

SAM_2695.jpg

SAM_2700.jpg

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]???????

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm still going with staph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Alaskasmom1

Staph I'd bet. When we adopted Tank he had that and it got worse and worse even after a round of antibiotics. We put him on acidophilus for 10 days and problem solved.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm that doenst look like the pics of mange ive seen but im no expert. maybe staff like christine said

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My Usko had small bold spots like that before I started feeding him raw food...about a month or two later they were gone and haven't been back since.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My Usko had small bold spots like that before I started feeding him raw food...about a month or two later they were gone and haven't been back since.

I am kind of thinking allergies too,, Vegas has been on Benadryl non-stop for the last week, we had high winds from hurricane Sandy all week even though we are on the other coast. Everything is so stirred up in the air that even I had to take a couple allergy pills this week. I am taking him in on Monday to have it looked at by our vet. It does not seem to bother him so I certainly think it can wait for our regular vet instead of rushing him to the ER.

Thanks everybody for your input!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well thats the problem with this stuff its hard to tell without a vet or being there but it shouldnt require no er visit or it maybe gone by monday with the malaket which is what you hope.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have no experience with staph, so I'm no help there. Looks kinda like VegasR's spot when he had mange....but I don't recall any crusties. Hopefully it's just allergies and nothing more.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sorry not sure what that would be, I have never seen a skin irritation on my guys yet, but then again they are still puppies. Not familiar with what mange, staph, cysts, or yeast etc that these guys can get look like, but am glad I'm getting the information, and advice, and learning what it does look like, so I will be able to recognize it , if they do get something in the future. Sorry Usko has something, hope it isn't too serious, and clears up quickly. Feel better Usko. :sorry: . Hopefully it's just a irritation, did you try a cortisone cream, or some polysporin? Can't hurt until you see the vet. I also heard witchhazel and tea tree oil is helpful for skin irritations. Also can't hurt, as they are a natural product.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Since you are going to the vet Monday, and he's not itching, I'd just leave it alone for now. It could be just a hot spot from his allergies.

BullDogGunner

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Not a vet nor do I think I know everything, but... it looks like Gunners start of his creeping crud, otherwise known as mange. It's been heck getting him cleared up.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online