Normal Paws?

EKen53

Nov 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bobby Homeboy
Hi,

I am new here and not quite sure if this is the right section to post in, so please feel free to move my thread if it needs to be.

I am planning on getting a puppy (the one in the video). My concern is that, it seems that his front paws are really splayed when he moves, and his toes look a little bit crooked inward. I did go visit him once, but since I am no expert, it is really hard for me to tell if this is normal.

The puppy is 8 weeks old, and I don't have any intentions about competition. If anyone could confirm if he looks healthy and normal, it would be very appreciated as I think my wife fell for him.

Thank you,

Video.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3:
Well he sure is cute! I do see what you mean bu the toes looking more splayed out than usual, but it doesn't seem to affect his walking any. I'm gonna Tag some people who know more about puppies than me.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Not the best video, but it does seem there is something wrong with his toes, they normally don't spread out like that, and he does look to walk a little funny. Wish there was a better video. He is a cute little bugger though.

Last edited:
OP
E

EKen53

Nov 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bobby Homeboy
Yes he's really cute. Not the "best looking" pup we have seen, but there is something about him that really hooked us. Thanks for your input.

OP
E

EKen53

Nov 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bobby Homeboy
Davidh: Thanks for your honest input. It is appreciated.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
His toes look quite separated on the right paw. Wilson's very floppy footed when he walks and when I got him I thought it was a concern. He's front feet are big and thick and his toes spread apart but not to the extent that cute little bully's does. I'll try to find a video that I have at that age for you. The toes do seem to curl in a bit more than what Wilson's did at that age too. He's super cute though.

I'll move this over to the health section now. :) Oh, :welcome: to EBN too!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He sure is a cutey, but I can see what you mean, let me tag [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] for you.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
The video I had wasn't as good as I thought for the feet. Here's a picture of Wilson's toes spread out but they're even and not curved.
wilson4.jpg

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
could it be the floor surface making his toe extension exaggerated? they are still learning and the whole walking experience is still new and on a wood floor it would be a little more slippery feeling under his little feet ... also I couldn't tell if his baby nails were trimmed or too long??

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: he's really cute he just looks like he has more web then others but I'm sure he will be fine I like when dogs look different it gives them personality as long as it doesn't hurt them in anyway :smileywelcome: to ebn if you are thinking about getting him I would ask to take him to the vet first before you by him just to make sure he will be ok in the long run if you need anything just ask everyone here is very nice an helpful so don't be shy

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In my opinion he's just perfect little man. :heartsign:Bullies are supposed to have toes that are apart from another and his are just a bit more apart than most. If you're not planning to show him it does not really make a difference.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You are right about the toes. I agree with David, if you do get this puppy, which I'm sure you will (since you already love him) consider buying insurance for him. He's absolutely adorabull

:welcome:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN.... I have nothing to add,,, just want to welcome you and tell you again how cute your baby is :love:

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
You are right about the toes. I agree with David, if you do get this puppy, which I'm sure you will (since you already love him) consider buying insurance for him. He's absolutely adorabull

:welcome:

I ditto Sherry's thought on insurance. Even if after a year or so you decide to drop the coverage, lots of little things can crop up as a puppy. It is well worth the security.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awwww I think he is adorable. He does seem a bit pigeoned toed and his toes are also splayed a bit, but as long as he gets around well I think he will be fine. He does also seem to have a lot of webbing in between his toes, the only thing I could state there is you will need to consider those 'wrinkles' and keep them clean. He will of course continue to grow and change so to know how his feet will actually end up, I cannot be certain. Just like bulldogs in general, their paws come in different shapes and sizes as well.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.