Help Needed! I think Charlotte's itchy "down there"

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Hey guys,
Lately Char has been fine, and then suddenly freaking out, jumping up and then into a sitting position and spinning. I originally thought it was her nub (tail stub) because it looked raw. The vet gave me some antibiotic powder that would stop the itching and heal her skin. I did this, but I think the raw-skin on her nub is a result of her spinning, not the reason she is spinning.

So today I decided to try to figure out what it is. I scratched her bum and her hind legs and although she enjoyed it, she wasnt phased. However, when i started scratching closer to her inner thighs she started doing the sitting-licking the air-spinning thing. Upon closer inspection she has a mild rash on the inside of one hind leg. I need to make an appointment at the vet, but I was wondering if anyone's had this experience before? Could it be from her urine? She's spayed, so it's not heat related.

Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The rash could also be from spinning, you could try putting some desitin on it but clean and dry it first

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Diesel does the same little action when his tail pocket is bugging him ... does she have a tight tail pocket?

OP
Taylor

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] She doesn't have a tail, it was removed before I got her, so I clean her pocket easily and daily. She doesn't do the same "thats the spot" motion when I touch her pocket as she does when I scratch her bum, so I don't think it's that

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=5363]Taylor[/MENTION] - I use Goldbond Medicated Powder on Diesel, his thighs and armpits tend to get itchy so I wash them then add the medicated powder which seems to help him for that type itch .... hope whatever it is she starts feeling better soon!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby does that spinning thing but only when she has an itch she can't reach. All of her limbs have some sort of dyslpasia (hip and elbow) so she has a hard time scratching her neck or head. The result is this spinning thing with her back leg flying through the air.

I agree with the Gold Bond. I use a q-tip to put some in her tail pocket and nose rope. It really helps a lot.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When I clean Bea's tail pocket with the Duoxo wipes, I also clean that area -- using a clean pad.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.